Chapter 5

Graces pov:

I have had 3 main traumatic experiences in my life. Sometimes I relive them in my dreams. Every week I will have had at least one nightmare. That's why I don't like to sleep at night. I'm afraid of what I'll see. Maybe that's one of the reasons I have been feeling ill lately. I don't sleep very well.

*dream state*

Traumatic experience no 1.
I had a phone call from my boss telling me if I didn't get there in 10 minutes I was fired. I needed the money to put towards my collage tuition.

I asked the driver to get me there as fast as he could. I was taking a taxi instead of the bus to try and save time. It was raining and the sky was a sea of grey. You couldn't even make out the separate clouds.

"I'm sorry miss. I'm trying to get you there as fast as I can. The roads are just too slippery. I hope you understand."
I sighed. But gave him a forgiving smile.

We neared the crossroad around the corner from the office. The lights were green so we went straight through, then a lorry swung round from the right, straight through the lights and into our side. Sending us flying across the road And me trapped in the car.

The driver was dead. And because of the wet weather the ambulance was taking longer to get to us from the other side of the city. They weren't in a rush. All passengers were presumed dead, so they came to out taxi last.

I waited. Stuck next a dead man, trapped by the crushed metal of the car pushing against my legs, for over an hour.

I screamed to let them know is was Alive. I thought no one was coming. And I passed out, waking up 3 days later in the hospital.

*awake*

I shot up from my bed and Checked my legs. It was as if I could feel the metal digging into my legs as I had all those years ago.

Panting, I stood up and opened the balcony doors. I needed air. I felt trapped again. The elevator ride must have triggered this.

I stood, gripping onto the railings trying to catch my breath. That's when I realised I wasn't alone.

I looked to my right and saw Harry sleeping peacefully on a deck chair. I then became very aware that I was covered in sweat from the dream and I left to get a shower before he could see me.

Harry's pov:

I woke up feeling cold. Crap. I feel asleep on the balcony. Just as I was about to stand up to go inside I heard the doors of the room next to ours open and saw Grace come out. She looked like she'd just witnessed a murder.

Instantly I shut my eyes and pretended to be fast asleep, Oblivious to her presence. I could hear her breathing. It was fast and uncontrolled. Like she had been crying? 

All I wanted to do was go give her a hug and tell her it would be okey. I wanted to know what was wrong. But before I could do anything I heard her footsteps walk away, back inside. Then the shower turned on.

I decided to head back in as well and check the time. It was still dark but if you listened hard you could tell the birds were already waking up.

My phone read 4:55am. Still pretty early. But I'm awake now and might as well get ready. But the whole time as I stood in the shower, as I drank my tea and ate my cereal. All I could think about was her.

She seemed so open and friendly. But every time I see her and she thinks she's alone, She looks broken. I don't think anyone really knows her. But I want to know her. She's hiding something and I want to know what.

"What are you doing up" I jumped at the sound of Louis voice, he's up early.

I glanced at the clock which said 6:30. I've been up thinking for a long time.
"Eh yeh. I couldn't sleep so I just decided to get ready early, thought we could go out today since we don't have a show till late tonight."
"Yeh good idea. What do you wanna do?"

"Em I don't know. Explore, maybe a bit of shopping... whatever we fancy."

"Okey. I'll go get ready. You should ask Grace if she's coming as well." He gave me a knowing smirk and lifted his eyebrows.

"What?"
"Nothing it's just you seem to really like her already"
"Well yeh why not? She's nice." I shrugged my shoulders and went to the sink to put my mug away.
"Yeh. Nice. Sure" he shook his head and went to get ready.

I do like her She is nice. She's funny. She's pretty. She's witty. She's clever.
She's Brocken. And I am going to fix her.

Graces pov:

There was a nock on the door. I've been up for hours so I'm already dressed and ready for the day. I opened the door to see Harry smiling down at me.

"Morning" his voice wasn't raspy or anything so he must have been up for some time.

"Good morning" I said. His smile was infectious and I couldn't help but laugh at his dimples because he wouldn't stop smiling at me.
"What's so funny" he chuckled. Dimples still as pronounced as before.
"You are. You face is" He put his hand to his chest as if to be offended and gasped.
"I'll have you know I have been told I have a beautiful face" I shook my head and let him in "yes you do"

He smirked at my comment but walking in and sat on the sofa.

"So what can I do for you"
"We were wondering if you're wanted to come out with us today. To explore." His face looked hopeful, as if I was going to say no and he was preparing himself for disappointment. It was kinda cute... how could I ever say no to that face?

"Yes I'd love too. And by 'us' I assume you mean Liam, Niall, Louis and Zayn?"

"Yeh. I though we could spend the day getting to know each other before the show tonight."

"That's a great idea. Tho there isn't much to know about me."

"Oh I'm sure that's not true. I think there is more to you then you let on... I think you have a story that is just waiting to be told. It just doesn't seem that way because the book of Grace hasn't been opened yet."

I looked into his eyes as he looked into mine. I wasn't expecting that. I knew he could read me, and that scared me. But I wanted to show him who i really was. I mean I'm still me, but what if when he finds out about my past and the nightmares he looks at me differently or he doesn't want to be around me anymore. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.