Chapter 12

"Did you have a good night?"
Me and Harry were waking along the hotel corridor for our last nights sleep in England for a very long time.

"I met James, fucking cordon!"
"Haha I know you did. He liked meeting you too."
"Omg do you think. Omg I can't believe it. My life is complete. Wow. I think I could happily pass away now, James cordon follows me on twitter. And I have his number."

He continued to laugh at me. I must have looked ridiculous but can you blame me? I just met my idol. James is so funny and he's met some amazing people. like michelle Obama. Wow... can you imagine?
being a talk show host is my dream, I know I worked so hard to become a doctor, but we can still have dreams right?

"And here I was thinking your life would be complete by touring with the worlds biggest boy band..."
"Oh yeh that's great too. Alright I'm going in now. Goodnight."
He chuckled at my happiness and said goodnight while hugging me before seeing me into my room.

I'm so tired. It's been a big day.

*Dream state

~third traumatic experience~

"Dad you can be serious."
"She's not here any more, why keep all this shit ?"

I couldn't believe what I was witnessing.
The driveway was full of bags of clothes and photo frames and jewellery that used to belong to my mother.
"You don't have to give it to the scrap man! You could have let me handle it and take it to the charity shop, or at least keep somethings for my self  to remember her by! I'm not letting you get rid of all this."

"I'm your father. You live under my roof and by law you are mine! So you will do whatever I tell you to do. And I am telling you to either help me put this rubbish in the skip or move aside!"

"NO!"

"YES. you will!"
I struggled to take a photo frame from my fathers hand, he was so much stronger than I was. It was made of wood, he had made it for their anniversary a few years ago. She hasn't even been in the ground 2 weeks and he's already had women back to the house. Who does he think he is?

As I fought  for the item, he becomes much more angry. "Let go you little brat!"

I continued. He pulled it from my grasp in one swoop, cutting the palms of my hand as he did and swung it across my head. Instantly I fell to the floor.

There was glass in my head and on the floor, I was bleeding. I don't think it's too bad but it hurts.

But he didn't stop there, he walked over to me and kicked me in the stomach before spitting on me, walking outside and setting fire to the bags of so called "rubbish" that he couldn't sell, before going to the off-licence for cigarettes. Paid for by the money he got from pawning my mothers clothes and jewellery.

*awake.

I was panting like mad and I shot out of my bed, the sheets were tangled from my tossing and turning. I looked around the room. No one was here.

I walked out of the suit and stormed down the hall and knocked on the door.

It took a while for anyone to answer, I'm not surprised though, It's 3:35am.

"What do you nee- Grace!"
His voice was raspy so I'd obviously woken him but I was terrified.

Tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't stop them. My back was hunched Over a little and I couldn't compose myself.

I haven't been this scared in so long.
"My god. come here." He pulled me into the room and held me. I stank and my vest too was drenched in sweat again.

"I. It was so real."
"I know. It's alright, I'm here. You with me. It's alright."

I was full on sobbing now.
I heard the lights come on from the other room, I must have woken Niall up, shit. I don't really care. He knows I'm with Harry.

"Harry I was so sca- ar ed." I was struggling to get my words out, god I looked pathetic.

"Grace. Look at me. Take deep breaths, you need to calm down. You need to tell what happened so I can make it all better for you."

My heart was still out of control but my lungs were slowing their pace. "I. It was my dad. Like on that night, he was there. He was burning everything, I was bleeding."
I put my hand to my head to check if it was bleeding, it felt so real.

I must have looked strange checking myself like that. But I couldn't help it. 

"Did he hurt you?" His voice was so calm, I could tell he was angry inside but his voice was like when he would talk to lux. To me he seemed terrified .

All I did was nod and cried again, silently. He pulled me into my chest and rocked me back and forth while stroking my hair, which was obviously a mess right now.

How embarrassing.

"I'm sorry. You need to sleep. I should go, I'm sorry."
"No no no. Your not going anywhere, you're staying here with me so I can look after you." His hand was gently around my wrist to stop me from walking away.

I nodded. "But I smell. And my shirt" I tried to let out a chuckle to make things less  awkward. But inside I still felt scared.

He walked Over to his already packed suitcase and pulled out a T-shirt, it was massive.

"Here, go have a quick shower then put This on. I'll be her if you need me."
He watched me walk over to the bathroom and his eyes didn't leave me until I shut the door.

When I walked out again I was wearing his shirt and it went passed my shorts so it looked like I had nothing else on.
He was waiting on the bed, with his phone out but still facing me.
"Who are you texting?"
"Just Paul, so if he wakes up in the morning and can't find you he knows we're you are." He gave me a reassuring smile and gestured for me to get into bed. "Does he know about the nightmares?"

"Yes. I had them while I'm as stating in his house, it was hard to keep it a secret."

"Alright. Then I'm sure he will understand."

I just nodded again. I didn't realise I was sitting upright, just starring into space. I was still so shook up, it was so real.

Harry let out a sigh. "Come here."
He held his arms out and pulled me into his chest. His breathing was so much calmer than mine which helped to sooth me into a someone peaceful sleep. As peaceful as it could be. But as I lay half conscious, I could still hear him talking to himself. "You're always safe with me. I promise. I love you Grace." Then he kissed my head and nuzzled his face into my hair. I smiled to myself at being so close to him. He was holding me so tight and I knew he wouldn't let go.

What he said shocked me, but pleased me more. Because the truth was, that I loved him too.