Chapter 29

Graces pov:

"Grace babe. Wake up."
I wearily nodded at Niall as he helped me up from my awkward sleeping position and headed to the exit behind uncle Paul.

After thanking the crew for looking after us i followed him to customs and baggage reclaim were we could already hear screams and chanting of the boys names from what sounded like hundreds of fans.

No matter how many times I hear it, I still feel just as proud of them and I still smile just as wide.

"We wanna say hi to a few of them but if you need dropping of sooner we can just go." Zayn said.
"No it's alright, you guys stay for as long as you need. Uncle Paul had a second car brought so I could get straight to the meeting as soon as possible. I'll be fine" I smiled and gave him a quick hug before heading away with James to the doors, bracing myself for the absolute racket about to hit my ears.

"We're you going without saying goodbye?"

"Aha, sorry Lou. Bye bye. Il see you all back at the hotel alright? Love you guys!" I spoke to all of them over his shoulder so they new I wasn't ignoring them.

"Grace! Omg is that Grace? We're the boys? Where's Harry?"
Only a few of the things I heard people shouting. The other ones weren't as polite ...

"Grace, grace can you sign this?!"
"Yes of course." I smiled and quickly signed three things for a group of girls.

As I was about to walk away they called back to me. "When are going to meet with ted baker!?"
"Right now" I grinned and gestured to the  car waiting for me. That was met with a wave of screams and I couldn't help but laugh as I waved and clambered into the back of it.

————————

Shit.

I'm scared. Thats not good. I don't get how some people are one hundred percent confident in themselves for things like job interviews and exams; like what is that?
Can't relate.

"If you don't start breathing again you're gonna pass out" oh yeh. Might need to do that too.

"Sorry"
"You'll be fine."
"Yep, thanks. I'll see you after"
"GO GET EM!"
I heard James cheer me on along with the other of the security with him clapping for me. I swing my head around and glared at them in embarrassment. Wtf, not cool.

They're gonna think I'm a freak. It's like your first day in year 7 and you're trying to look normal and cool in-front of the year 10s, but your mam and dad are shouting "I love you ! Have a good day!" From the gates infront of all your new friends.

Embarrassing, wanna die.

"Miss James ?"
I lifted my eyebrows in surprise and then gave the secretary the sweetest smile
I could muster.
"That's me"

"Please follow me, we're so excited to have you here miss!"
"As am I to be here. Thank you."
Again smiling, god this profession involves a lot of forced smiles.

She opened the door to the office for me and announced my presence.

"Ah, Grace! Wonderful for you to be here. Thank you so much for making time for us at such short notice. I know you've only just got back from a little trip away."

"Thank you Mr Baker, I arrived A little under two hours ago but I am more than excited to be with you today."

"Wonderful, let's get down to business shall we?"
"Of course"
He lifted his hand for me to take a seat and I placed my purse down on the table beside me.

Now, before you get any ideas, this is not. "ted baker" himself. This is Malcolm, ironically with the Surname Baker.
The ceo of ted baker.

"So. Today I would like to discuss with you a possible partner ship with ted baker which would entail designing, promotion of the company and modelling. We would want to begin as soon as possible, we are based here in New York although we do have an office in Los Angeles. As far as designing is concerned you would work along side our own most experienced and talented staff to help guide you as I am aware this is your first job in this particular career; however from your style and the clothes you have made yourself I am more than certain you will get into the swing of things in no time and become a big success.

So if you would just like to sign here..."

Aha. Yeh. Okey. Hold up.
I chuckled a bit to make fix my expressions which didn't look to polite right now.

"Okey well that's as very informative thank you, would you please give me a moment to read of this document please?"
"By all means"

It was about two sides of A4. So a very short and brief contract. Although it needed alterations before I'd agree to anything, the boys have warned me about signing contracts with loop holes and things you don't want to know about.

"Excuse me but there a few things I would like to add to this?"
"This a joint partnership, equal for both of us."
"Yes well, this would give ted baker full credit for all products produced in my time with you. I will need my brand to have just as much of that credit, My name is on everything...

Everything else seems to be in order as you said, but I just want to make something clear. This is a partnership, you are not hiring me.

I have a say in all of my products and how they are manufactured and sold. And after the production of 31 different items of clothing have been complete and the 1 year is over, I am free unless I wish to start a new project with ted baker again. I am my own brand, yes I am new but that means I have to be strong and Independent. I hope you understand?"

He looked shocked to say the least. To be honest so was I. I never expected myself to be this confident, the buisnes woman in me is a boss.
"Eh. Yes of course. I'll have my assistant re draft the contract and send it over to you right away."
"Thank you. Here is my layers number, please have it sent to her and she'll finalise everything with you. Have a good day Mr Baker."

I stoop to shake his hand making the deal.
"Good day miss James."
Strutting up to the guys in the lobby I felt like an absolute queen. From the look on my face they could tell it was successful.
IM WOKING WITH FREAKING TED BAKEr omg!!!!!!

But as the car pulled away and the silence fell again I was reminded I hadn't felt this way in a While.

(Aha. Niall reference. Sorry bye.)

Harry had cheated on me.
He said I'd always be safe with him and he's never make me cry.

But here we are. I'm crying after what should be the best day of my life, in the back of a beautiful range rover, being escorted by security, on my way to hang out with my family and give them amazing news.

But I feel like my hearts been ripped out. I want to run back to him and forget everything he's done.
But after today. I don't know if I should.

~a/n~
And I oop.

I'm sorry about not writing lately again I really am.
But things haven't been great lately tbh.

I'm trying my best. And I watched Niall's live performance at the royal Albert hall tonight. It made me wanna write something so I did.

And boy was he inspirational. I laughed. I cried. Boy did I cry, his voice is beautiful.
And did you see his TROUSERS?!!

Anyway, hope you're doing alright. Please bare with me for a bit. I'm trying rly hard here.

Question of the day:
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE HARRY ERA AND WHY?

Mine is either frat boy, fetus (obviously) and Dunkirk Harry.

Honestly I don't think I have one because don't worry darling Harry is unbelievable from what I've seen so far.

Anyway, good night guys.
Al the love- G