Chapter 32

Harry's pov:
(Oooooo, it's been a while. Oh well, I think this might be the last time so have fun!)

——————
I flicked through the pages of a black folder on her desk, the only thing yet to be packed away. She carries it everywhere with her these days, constantly writing or sketching.

I'm Proud of her. But everyday it feels like I'm loosing her a little bit more.

And then this happened. I know I can't keep her from leaving, and I shouldn't, this is her chance. She deserves it.

"Oh there it is, I was begging to worry I'd left it somewhere" her angelic voice broke my thoughts. I looked up at her face.

She was clearly trying to act cheery and composed, but we all knew she felt just as sad about leaving as we did. But she loved her work, so I guess it's all worth it.

And it won't be long to we meet again, I keep telling myself.
She won't forget her promise, I keep telling me self.

"May I have it?"
"Oh yes sorry, I was just looking though them I hope you don't mind. They're very good..."

"Oh, no. Well I try." Sue blushed a little at my complement and lowed her head.

"Harry, I'll miss you."
I let out a breath of air I didn't know I had left in my lungs. "I'll miss you too! So much."

"And I won't forget. I don't think I can...
Even if I tried. And god knows I have" she mumbled the last part but I caught it.

Disappointing me a little, but also giving me a little bit of hope. Maybe this is what we need.

"You're going to be brilliant."
"Thank you, I need to go now Harry."

I nodded and swallowed my want to stop
Her from going.
Instead I took her in my arms one last time and took in her every sent and every beating of her heart.

"Goodbye Gracie."
"Bye bye Harry."