Chapter 17

Harry's pov:

"Thank you Sydney, you've been wonderful!"
"Thank you for still loving and supporting us. It means a lot!"
"Good night !"

Sometimes I wonder if I'm good enough for acting. But then I go through things like this and I think. Yes, I fucking am.

The lads haven't been talking too much since we left Germany, I get it though. We don't really know what to say.
*ring

"Hello?"
"Harry? Its Edward."

"Oh right. Sorry, how is she?"
"Emm. Ok , same as last week. She woke up this morning so I thought it let you know, but they had to sedate her again because she was struggling to breath on her own."

I sat down because I didn't think I could take any more bad news.

"Harry?"
"Yeh. Sorry, I'm still here."
"Listen I know this sounds shit, because it is. But they think that by controlling her breathing they can make it a quicker recovery. They plan on keeping her like this for 5 days and then switching it off. Then we just have to hope that she'll start breathing on her own."
"What if she doesn't."

It went quiet. I had placed the phone on speaker so the boys were listening in.

"She has too. Harry, she just does." His voice cracked through the phone
"Alright, thank you Edward. If anything else changes ring me."

"I will, hurry back." I hung up the phone and dropped it by my side.

"We have 7 days left. She has five. We can make this work." Liam said.

"What if she doesn't wake up."
"Niall she has to."

He got up and headed for the door with purpose.
" we're you going?"
"To pray."

We smiled at him and he walked out of the room. Good. Pray. Do whatever it takes to get her better again.

——————
Today's the day. We're staying on the phone with Edward while they carry out the procedure on Grace so that we know exactly what's happening.

"Ok, please make room." There was a shuffling noice through the line.
"Ok on three turn of the switch and then John we need this tube out in less than 2 seconds."

My heart was pounding out of my chest. They were turning her life support off, the sepsis had pretty much gone thanks to blood transplants and an operation she had last week. But this was about her breathing on her own. It was scary.

"One. Two. Three."
More shuffling and beeping came though the speakers. No sound was made on our side as we all listened intently.

"Ok. Come on Grace. Defibrillator on standby please"

Come on baby, please.

"5..4..3..2........1. "A long beep came from the heart monitor. Crap.
"Alright defibrillator."
No baby come one. Wake up

"3,2,1 CLEAR!"
Just like that it began to beat again. Thank the lord for his technology.

Okey baby now breath. I know shes alive but the breathing has to stay constant for this to work.

I listened intently as the sound of her breath came across the line. I sighed in relief and almost fell to the floor, Liam patted my back and smiled at me.

"Alright, to all those listening." Thats us. "She has a steady pattern going, we will monitor this. But she is as healthy as she can be right now so our next step is just waiting for her to wake up."

We thanked her and after talking with Edward about us coming back on Sunday I hung up.

"Niall, if that's what your prayers can do, do it every day."

I smirked and he laughed back at me. The first smile out of him I'd had since This all started.

———————
"It's good to see you uncle."
"And you, thank you Edward. She'll be so happy to know you're here."

"Do you think? I'm not so sure. After mam died she didn't seem to like me very much."

"She loves you, as much as you love her. She was just struggling and with your father she found it hard to know who was in her side."

God she has a messed up family, I'm so lucky my mam and Gemma are safe and kind people.

"Is it alright if I go have a break? I'm tired."

"Of course. And thank you."

We all shook his hand as we left us alone.

—————————

"Don't blame me for falling, I was just a little boy.
Don't blame the drunk calling, wasn't ready for it all.
You can't blame me darlin, not even a little bit.
Cos I was away.
And I'm just an arrogant son of a bitch who can't admit when he's sorry"

I'd taken to singing to her while she's sleeping. Which is all the time.

I knew this was one of her favourite songs of mine so of course it was the first that came to mind.

"You should sleep you know Harry."
"I've tried. Hasn't worked yet."

"She'll wake up soon. Just give her time."

"Paul, I'll give her all the time in the universe if it means she's alive and healthy."

A/N~ it's been a shit week so I'm sorry about not writing I hope that you liked this, once again it was a bit sad but. Hey. It's a fanfic and we all know how they work out. So...  please continue to comment. It helps, until next time. Xoxo
-G