Chapter 11

Graces pov:

The boys have been On a Streak of hyper activity lately, I'm not complaining because so was I. We were playing pranks and running circles around my Uncle Paul.

This was our last show in the uk before we went to hit the rest of mainland Europe. I am so excited, we were in Manchester and that meant Harry's family were coming to the show tonight... I'm excited? I think.

I've heard so much about Gemma. They seem so close and the boys always talk about Anne and how much of an angel she is.
I hope they like me.

"Come on slow coach"
"I'll have you know I am NOT slow!"
I shot Harry a glare and lifted my eyebrows at Him as we walked to the back exit.
"I could beat you any day."
"I have an idea then..."

"Oh god"
"Liam shut up it's gonna be fun"
"Yeh, fun and ends up with you or Harry in the waiting room of A&E"
I couldn't help but laugh at him being all sensible. God, daddy direction am I right?

"Oh Zayn! Just the man I wanted to see."
"Hello darlin. What do you need me for."
"We're having a piggy back race, I need you to be my partner." he put his arm around my waist and smiled. He loved these games as much as I did. I love Zayn, he can be so fun. The best part is that people don't expect him to be, it makes it all the funnier when they realise the things he's done.

"But what about me, why can't I be your partner." Bless him, Niall looked left out and disappointed.

"I'm sorry Ni. I didn't see you there, your always on my team, let Z have a go."
He sighed and said alright.

"Niall you can be on my team tho. I'll carry you!" Harry was so gonna get beaten if he's carrying Niall. Not that he's heavy or anything, but he's not graceful and I can't wait to see the struggle of having him on Harry's back.

"Alright racers. On your marks. Gets set... GO!" Louis screamed. Driving ahead of us to the finish line at the tour bus on a golf cart we found earlier on. It's been a busy day.

Harry took the lead. His stupid long legs.

But me and Zayn were just behind him. As we came around the bend we noticed a crowd of girls behind some gates.
Great. We have an audience, they can watch us kick Harry's arse.

As we neared we could hear their screams, and Louis was commentating for them so they obviously knew it was a race by now.

They're are all holding their phones and banners in the air. Shouting for who they wanted to win. As we passed them, a group called for Zayn to catch up. "Come on Zany. You can do it." I screamed. Harry heard me and looked back, this only slowed him down.

We began to over take him. "HAHA suckerrrr!"

"We WON. YESSS I KNEW IT! Way to go Zayn. I'm proud of you.
And I'm sorry Niall, that you had such an embarrassing partner." Harry shot me a look of fake pain and held his hand to his head, collapsing on the sofa.

All we did was laugh. I enjoyed beating Harry at things, it made me feel big. He always beats me or picks me up, or outsmarts me. So it feels good.

——————

The others had all needed to shower before the gig so they went to use the ones in the venue rather than the bus. I stayed with Harry as he had already gotten washed and dressed.

We were lying down on the sofa watching the lion king. I swear every time I see Mufasa die I cry my eyes out. I was now lying on his chest because and I quote "I shouldn't cry at such things because i should always be smiling".
Again. Adorable.

"You smell nice" I muffled into his shirt.
"Em. Thanks?"
"Sorry. You just have a nice after shave on."
"Thanks. It was a birthday present form my mum."
"Are you excited to see her?"
"Of course I am. I miss her so much. And Gemma." I could feel the smile he must have been wearing as he spoke about them.
"I'm excited to meet them."
"And for good reason."
"I'm sure" now I was smiling, but we were interrupted by a sudden outburst in Harry's phone from twitter.

He sighed and picked it up, inspecting what the commotion was all about.

"Oohhhhh. Shit."
"What."
"The fans from before saw you in our race, they have photos of you from all sorts of places. They're trying to put the pieces to together and find out who you are..."
"Right. And."

"They think you're dating one of us."

I chocked on air.

"Some say it's Zayn, especially from today. A lot of others say Niall." I see why they would think that. I'm very close to Niall. But I'm nothing but friends with all
Of the boys.

Well. Sometimes not with Harry. But that's complicated and we haven't talked about that yet.

"Some say it's Me" he scoffed and laughed at his phone screen.
"Well you have nothing to worry about. Well just make it known who I actually am, your friend and head of tour medic team.
Then they'll understand and these rumours should die down."

He just smiled at me. "You seem calm. Your good at this."

"This isn't new to me. And it doesn't matter, we know the truth and that's all that matters. Now they know I exist it won't hurt for them to know my name. That way they'll clam down and move onto the next."

"Your so amazing."
"Why thank you. Your not too bad yourself." He's smiling again. It's infectioussssss.

*ping.

About 20 minutes later I had an alert on Twitter.
It was a post from Harry, attached was a picture of me, Paul and the boys at the O2 arena in our first night. The caption said:

The above picture is my tour family: the boys, our tour manager as you know Paul and his niece; our head medic and friend on our first night together since the reunion. I Can't believe We're already about to head to France. The United Kingdom and Ireland have been amazing, thank you all so much for still loving us after all these years. It means so much. Xxxxx
All the love- H

"Nice caption. Almost made me cry" I lifted my eyebrows as I looked across at him. He lifted his hand to my face, stroking my check and looking into my eyes.
"I would never. Ever. Want to do that."

He wasn't even trying to make a joke.
"HARRY. You're late, Lou needs you to do your hair!" Liam had come back to the bus.

Harry let out a small sigh and let go of my face, getting up to leave, I decided to follow as the show would be starting soon.
"And we wouldn't want you going out on stage looking like that." I said to him as a joke. Trying to lighten the mood.
The air was tense.

He gasped. "So much abuse from you today miss, and I will have you know many of my fans think I look sexier with bed hair." Good lord. The sass from this man.

"Do they indeed. Well i'm sure your mother would at least like to see you looking presentable."
"Fine. Come on." he took my hand and smirked at how proud I was of my triumph.

I giggled and hopped down the stars of the bus. I love that we can have those intense moments were I don't really know what he's thinking. But then we can just go back to being our old goody, friendly selfs.

I'm so lucky to have him as my friend.

"Harry!" It was his Mother Anne and Gemma.

He introduced me and they really were as nice as Harry had told me. Apparently Harry has talked about me a lot to Gemma..... well. At least I don't feel awkward. Note the sarcasm.

They offered me to come sit with them in the crowd but I told them I had work to do, which was true. I had paper work to fill out from when one of the crew members broke his arm last week. God the struggles we go through to prevent law suits.

Then another person heckled for Harry.
Omg. Omg. It's James. fucking. Cordon