Chapter 27

Graces pov :

I fucking hate airplanes. I mean, I can deal with short flights but from New York to London is a pretty long one. Normally when we're moving from different states Harry would be with me or we would take the bus.

He took the seat directly across from me and I could already feel the tension. I still had no clue what was wrong but I was hurt with the way he was acting this morning and that he didn't text me all night. I'm not even sure if he knows about my dad.

The seatbelt sign went on and the plane started its slow walk to the main runway.
Harry was looking out the window with his phone in his hand and a pair of headphones beside them.

All of a sudden the plane picked up speed and I was pushed back into my seat a little more. I gripped onto the arm rests of the chair with all my might, as if it would be enough to save me should something go wrong with takeoff.

My eyes were take shut and my ears were aching so much I felt as tho they might bleed. Then the plane lifted and I felt myself drop. As if I fell out of my body and then I saw darkness.

——————
Harry's pov:

I turned my phone onto airplane mode and got my headphones out ready for after takeoff. I had to force myself to look anywhere other than Grace, I settled with the suddenly very interesting runway. As the engines started up and we picked up speed I noticed her breathing started picking up with it.

Shit. I was so selfish and caught up in myself I forgot she doesn't like flying. Something about it being unnatural and "so many things could go wrong".

I kept my eyes focused on her, hoping she could get through it alone because I was meant to be mad at her. Remember?

But then the plane lifted and her white clenched knuckles relaxed. I let out a sigh of relief first, but then I looked up at her face and watched it drop. Then she sank down in her seat, her breathing slowed again. It slowed too much, too fast.
The seatbelt sign had was still on but like the rebel I am, I unbuckled mine anyway and rushed to her side. I unstrapped her and took her on my lap, holding her as tight as I could.

As the plane levelled and it became safe, Paul ran down the isle of the to my side.

"What's wrong?!"
"The plane lifted and she- she just. Dropped."

He put his hand to her head and then to her neck.
"She'll be alright, she's passed out but she should wake up soon."

I nodded and Paul went to sit back down. I should probably put her back in her seat I now, but I don't.

I pull her closer and before I know it I'm asleep, I missed having her next to me to hold and I didn't know how much longer I would be able to do that.

—————
I opened my eyes to find her breathing fast again, I looked around for Paul but he was asleep. That's when she started to mumble words in her sleep.

"No. Away. Dad. Stop no"

Her dad? Why is she dreaming about her father?

I stoked her head to ease her and all of a sudden she stuck up straight and panted even more. There were tears streaming down her face.

Now wasn't the time to be a proud son of a bitch.

"It's ok. He's not here."
She looked at me with wide eyes.

"How. How did you-kn"
"You talked in your sleep"
She nodded but hadn't stopped crying yet.

"It's ok. He's not here."
She rested her head against my chest and it pained me that I was lying to her. Put them again. Isn't she lying to me?

"Why were you dreaming about him?"

"They didn't tell you?"
What didn't who tell me?

"No. They didn't" I talked calm tried to not seem angry and confused.

"He- he came last night. To my door. And I opened it. And her was there. And he was shouting. And he tried to come in. And he swung for me. And I managed to shut the door. And then James came. And made sure he was gone. And we waited for you to come home." She didn't take a single breathe through the full thing.

"Shhhhh. It's okey, he didn't hurt you'd did he?"
"No. But he knows we're I am now, he knows I'm with yous and he can follow me."

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I promise" so James was there to help her. Ok. Makes sense.

Fuck. What have I done.

"Did James stay with you all night?"

"We didn't know were you or Paul was so he said it wouldn't be responsible of him to leave me alone. And I couldn't sleep, so we put a movie on. And I fell asleep"

A pang of guilt slashed through me. I fucked up so bad. And she's not going to forgive me

"Harry, where were you?"

I gulped and closed key eyes.

"I- I don't know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

Graces pov:

"What do you mean you're sorry, it's okey you didn't know" sure I was upset he didn't text but there was no need for him to get this worked up.

He seemed guilty, disappointed in himself and I couldn't work out what for.

" Harry, what for?"

"I- I- came back. To the hotel and you were sleep with him. And it looked, bad."

He winced at his words. And I looked at him in confusion as I tried to work out what it meant.

Oh. He thought me and James did. Something...
"No! No I would never. I love you."

He opened his eyes and stared straight into mine. "I love you too. So much." Then he closed them again and looked down. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry baby "

"Harry, you're crying more than me... what happened? What's wrong? Why are you sorry?"

He still wasn't looking at me and that fact scared me more than anything.
"Harry just talk to me. Please"

"I cheated"