Chapter 18

Niall's pov:

I've spent every night in the hospital Since the plane landed along with Harry. Ok Paul and the others popped back to the flat to drop of bags and to bring clothes to the hospital for us to change into, along with phone chargers and money etc.

I sit here watching her sleep and I just can't shake that noise of when her heart stopped beating from my head. She died. Maybe just for a few seconds but her heart wasn't pumping oxygen around her body anymore and in my brain that means she died.

All I want to do is protect her, I've never had a little sister or anything remotely like that before. I have an older brother and a nephew. That's all.

We've been as close as siblings long before we started this tour, I'm glad she came but I can't help thinking that if I had just told Harry not to call Paul that night, that she wouldn't be were she is now. In a hospital, connected to a heart monitor with different chemicals pumping through her body.

It's my fault. As her brother (which is what I am, I know it's cliche but I don't care) I should always protect her. I failed her And I just wish She would open her eyes so could say sorry and apologise to her.

God I hope she does I just can't—

"Hello?"
"Niall, how are you?"
"One second mam"

I stood up from the chair on the right hand side of Grace and told Harry I was stepping outside for a few minutes. He nodded and smiled before returning to study the sleeping facial features of the girl in the bed, whom we all know he loves.

"Sorry mammy, I just had to leave the room."
"It's alright. How is she, god I've been worried sick about her. And you, have you had much rest?"
"I'm fine I promise, she's all that matters."

The line went quiet for a moment as we both agreed on what I had just said.

"Mammy it's all my fault." A few tears fell from my eyes as I couldn't hold it in any longer.
"Niall James horan don't you dare say that. If Grace was awake she would slap you for me, for thinking of such a ludicrous thing."

I let out a deep sigh. "But I promised her, I promised I wouldn't let anything bad happen to her and now look. Look what I've done."

"Niall, this isn't your fault, you couldn't have prevented it. From when I spoke with the doctors on the phone they said this had been coming for a while. It was just undetected. And I know we haven't spoke about it but I have a flight booked for Wednesday, I'm coming to see you two."

"Woah How and when did you speak to the doctor?"
"Niall she's my god daughter, do you really think I wouldn't want to know what's going on. I've been praying every night. Father Michael knows and he's had the entire of mass dedicate a moment of private prayers for her." I love my mammy but sometimes she can seem to go a little overboard with religion. My uncle says not to bother her about it because the whole town believes she has "a unique connection with God" ......

Yes, Grace is my mother's god daughter. SURPRISE?! We met when we were little and I don't know if you know. But her mother's side is originally from Ireland. My mother is her mother's cousin. They were best friends as children and well. The rest you can figure out.

We met as kids, but only really got to know each other when my mam encouraged Grace to study in Ireland. Best decision of her life so far if you ask me. It was one of the best few years of my life when I got to come home and hang out with my little sister every day. I've never been seen as the bulky, or the dangerous one. But having a little sister gave me a sense of manly ness. I know it sounds weird but if you get it you get it.

"That was nice of him" that didn't sound as genuine as it should have.

"You'll both be fine. I promise you."
"I know, listening mammy I've already been out of that room for far too long, I'm going to get a coffee then head back in alright?"

"Okey. Send my love to Harry please. We both know the poor boys not coping well, and hug her tight for me."
"I will I love you. Bye."

I hung up and headed to the cafeteria feeling a little bit more at ease knowing my mam was coming. I'm a Mammies boy what can I say? ;)

But as I headed down the corridor a herd of nurses and doctors come rushing past me. One of them I recognised to be Graces English speaking doctor.
On instinct I twisted my body around to face her room.
Through the window I could see Harry out of his chair holding onto her hand. And her head was turning. Her eyes were closed but moving.

Was she awake?

AN~ omg ahahah. Sorry, I got rly into this chapter. Niall's so cute. Anyway. DUM DUM DUMMM.

I rly hope you guys like this. I don't what to sound needy or like a bitch. But I'd rly appreciate it if you could vote or recommend this to other people. The second one would mean a lot as a few more viewers would be nice.

BUT I'm still really happy you guys read it. All 4 of you......
Anyway, thanks for reading. Let me know what you think. -G xxxx