Chapter 30

~ ok. So I've decided ima try to wrap this one up for you guys and leave it open for a possible second book in the future. Who knows?

Just wanted to ask something...
Any Harry Potter fans out there?
More specifically... draco malfoy stans?

How would you feel if I tried something a bit different to one direction. I love the boys but I think having a completely new story might help my mind to flow a little bit. Does that make sense ?

Graces pov :
James opened the car door for me and wished me luck. Ironically I felt I need it more now than I did at the meeting!

Opening the door to the grand house we would be staying in for our time in the city , I was immediately met with the sound of quarrelling coming from the living room.

"But it's your fault! Deal with it !
I'm in the right mind to say you deserve what you got, but for some reason she's very likely to forgive you!"

Oh for gods sake Niall. I'm guessing that was directed to Harry who replied with silence. And I'm just stood here in the doorway listening but nobody knows...
Awkward.

I decided to just put my bag down and walk into the kitchen, straight past the boys and opened the fridge; al whilst humming a soft tune. I probably looked like a lunatic considering the circumstances but who cares?

I got out a bottle of elderflower water I had been saving for just occasions and popped the lid open.

"Grace? What are you doing?"
"Pouring myself a drink! Would you like one?" I asked in an idly chirpy way.

"Emm. No thanks... what's got you in such a mood?" Zayn asked from the other side of the counter.
"Me? Oh well... I just signed my first ever contract and I'm going to be designing a new range with TED BAKERRR!"

He screamed in excitement like a teenage girl, causing me to giggle and broke out laughing even harder when he ran round to me, picking me up and spinning me round.
"I'm so PROUD OF YOU!"
"Thank you!"
He kissed my head and the other boys all congratulated me and gave me hugs and kisses- all apart from one. All I got from the curly headed boy was a genuine smile and a nod of the head. But I guess that's all I could take from him right now.

————————

I ended up being in the office most days and didn't see the boys as much as you would think considering we share a house. But when I wasn't away, or they weren't recording, I was in the studio downstairs with the door shut, my vinyl playing and brain wizzing, pen drawing.

Sometimes they would pop down to see me and call me for dinner, but other than that and passing them in meeting them in the hallway I didn't get to spend much time with them. I missed them.

I missed Harry.

*phone rings

"Grace James, who am I speaking to?"
"Hello Miss James its Mr Baker here"

"Ah, hello sir. How may I help you" I placed my phone under my check, multi tasking as I attempted to tidy up my work desk.

"Well I was calling to inform you of a wonderful new opportunity we have for you!"
"I see, and what would that me?" I'm definitely curious now because he sounded a bit apprehensive as to telling me what this "opportunity" is.

"Well- you see, we have recently taken on a whole new range of designers in London and we thought that they would be a brilliant asset to helping you bring forward your new ideas!"
"That's brilliant, when will they be in America?"

"Ahem. Well- that's the catch. You would be the one changing location Miss James. We thought since your home address is in London anyway, and there are more of them than you... it would be simpler to have you fly back to England."

It took a moment for me to understand what this meant.

"I see."

"You don't need to give an immediate answer but sooner the better. Other ensue we will give them new assignments, I hope you understand."

"Yes Mr Baker I do, thank you for calling. I appreciate this opportunity very much."

"Do I take it that you are inclined to accept the proposal ?" He asked with hope.

What do I want. But it's not always about want. Sometimes it's about need.

I want to be with Harry, but I need to take time to gain control of myself and my head again.

I want to be successful, but I need to have patience.

I want to walk down the safe and easy path which has a definite and secure result, but to be successful, maybe I need to take some risks.

I want to be with the boys...
but I need to think about myself. And my job.
Which I am working so hard for. And I need the beginning of my new career to go off as well as possible, can I afford to pass this up?

"Yes sir, that would be correct. In fact I doubt I need anymore time to debate the matter."

"That is wonderful! We can have the plane ready to take you home when ever you are ready! Thank you grace... this is a big help to us."

"It's no problem at all. Please send me the details of the flight and I will call you again when I land."

————

A/N - oh shit. Ok. So that happened.

This is me rounding it off. She's not dead. We can have another chapter or too with some drama, so please keep reading. I know it's the end. But it's important that you do invade I make a sequel. And also. It would mean a lot.

- good night god bless, G