Chapter 19

Harry's pov:

"I'm in my bed ,
And your not here.
And there's no one to blame but the drink and my wondering hands.

Forget what u said.
It's not what I meant.
And I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left."

After Niall left to speak with his mum I started singing again. I feel bad actually, I've been singing a lot of shitty sad songs lately. This isn't making poor Grace feel better if she can hear me.

Once again I have tears running down my cheeks. Not full on sobbing this time, although I've done my fair share of that. But stray drops of salt water that I struggle to keep back find their way out.

"Baby please, it's time to get up."
I took a deep breath in and you could hear it sketching as the air filled my lungs.

I took her hand and made circles with my finger.
"You see now you have to get up. We have a busy day. Paul is downstairs making arrangements for the show tonight and I was thinking us and the boys could go for breakfast together."
I took another few deep breaths. I held back a sob and I could feel my mouth making a funny kind of smiling shape as I attempted to stop the sound from coming out.

"But before that I need you to check something out, doctor James.
I have this ache in my heart and it's been there for a while now. I know you have just the medicine to make it go away, I just need you to wake up and give it to me.

Grace.... you are all I need I promise. I can't let you go.

I just. I'll be good to you I promise. Just please."

I had to pause for a moment and compose myself. Me acting distressed wasn't good for her.

I was meant to keep her calm, not stress her out.

But if stress could  wake her up then by all means why the frick isn't she smiling and kissing me yet ?

I looked behind me out of the window to check if Niall was still there. And there he was. Crying on the phone to his mum. Bless him, I texted her the other day to catch her up on Grace. She cares a lot about her I can see that now.

But why on earth did nobody tell me she was her godmother?

"Hmmmm"
What.
""Hu... harr." SHES TRYING TO SAY HARRY!"

"It's ok. Baby I'm here don't worry."
I flung myself down onto my knees to be as close to her as possible.

"Niall"
"He's coming. We're all here don't worry."

I wasn't sure if she was actually awake but then she responded. She nodded and lifted her eyelids for just one second to look at me. Then nodded again and closed them shut.

I pressed the help button on the control panel by her head and within seconds her team of doctors and nurses were with us and an alarmed Niall behind.

God knows what he though when he saw them all running towards us.

"Grace, dear can you hear us?" They all started taking her vitals and checking her blood pressure etc. 

"Yes I can hear you. Mary?"
"That's right I'm Mary. Dear, can you open your eyes for me? Slowly it's okey."
One of the nurses pulled the blinds down to make it less bright in the room.

As she opened her eyes i nearly lost my balance.

"Alright, now you've been asleep for a long time. What's the last thing you remember?"