Wolf King 1

Book 1: Wolf King

CHAPTER 1

Slave hammered the metal. With each force, sparks of flame flew in the air. She's been creating this sword for two days now. It will be special. Nobody knows she's been making this one. No one ordered her to make it. And although this may constitute stealing, because the metal is not hers, she plans to work for it. She wanted a weapon for herself. Since the time she started to work under the Panther Tribe's ironsmith, she has made so many weapons. She had lost count of them after her eight sword. But none of them belonged to her. None of them were special. All of them are just metals that needed to be turned into weapons for the tribe. She doesn't even know where the weapons go, who uses them. All she knows is that, the weapons never came back.

The ironsmith of the tribe did not like her at first. She is on the skinny side. She was still very young then. But for some reason, she liked it here. She hated it when the Panthers brought her to the Mistresses to serve their needs. She had to massage them, feed them, bathe them... all those things that those women can actually do for themselves... well except the massage. She did not like doing all those things. Even being put inside the kitchen made her bored. The Panthers weren't happy to see that she always slept around and did not do much work. To teach her a lesson, they brought her to the ironsmith who was known to be a difficult master. But the Panthers were wrong if they thought she'd feel punished. She actually liked the weapon making. There were doubts whether she can actually make good weapons given how small her arms are. But after a few swords, more and more warriors went to her for new swords.

"Slave!" shouted the ironsmith.

Slave placed the sword on her side as she faced the ironsmith.

"Did you finish the shield that the commander asked?" said the ironsmith.

"Yes Master." Said Slave, her voice very soft almost like a whisper.

"Good. Where is it?" asked the ironsmith.

Slave went to the storage room and brought a shield almost as big as her upper body. It was heavy and she had a hard time carrying it.

"Looks durable." Said the ironsmith.

"And heavy." Said Slave.

The ironsmith smirked.

"The Commander is a big man he will wield this just fine." Said the ironsmith

The ironsmith took the shield from Slave and then a loud sound of a horn was heard.

"That's the sound for an alarm." Said the ironsmith. "We're being attacked!"

Slave felt fear gripped her chest. An attack? Here?

"Close the storage." ordered the ironsmith.

Slave immediately locked the storage with trembling hands.

"I am going to look outside. I don't know if they infiltrated the City." Said the ironsmith. "In case they did... enemies of the Panther tribe knows that the Panthers are good in weaponry. They will definitely take over this place. You need to leave as soon as you see an opportunity to. If you survive, if they ask you what you do... do not tell them that you make weapons. If they came here for revenge, it's possible that whoever died, died through the use of our swords. They will not spare your life."

Slave nodded.

"Now I'm going out. After a few minutes... you should find a way to leave this place and hide." Said the ironsmith.

Slave nodded.

The ironsmith touched Slave's shoulder.

"Remember this..." said the ironsmith. "You were brought here for a reason. One day, everything you've learned from me will be put to use. And if I don't get to live to see that day... make sure you use it for those who matter to you."