King of the South 7

Chapter 7

Seulgi was biting her nails in anxiety when Taeyong and Kwangsoo returned to her. Her mind was still on her mate and her fear of who it may be.

"Hey Seulgi, did you learn how to weave?" asked Kwangsoo

"Huh? Oh yeah... weaving... it was hard. I don't think I learned anything." said Seulgi. "I should probably stay here for days before I really learn how to weave a good fabric. Should I stay here?"

Taeyong did not answer until they were outside the place.

"It wasn't my intention for you to learn weaving. I want you to have a general idea of how it's done." said Taeyong. "And I want to know also how the weavers are feeling about their work."

Oh... so that's why...

"Well... umm... I think they're quite happy. From what I heard from Myka, it seems like they are given five days a week to work. If you're pregnant, you will only need to work three days a week." said Seulgi. "And they are paid nicely too."

"Did you not hear any complaint?" asked Taeyong

"Hmm... I did not hear anything." said Seulgi

"Good." said Taeyong. "This is the largest Fabric house here in Jurin. A few years ago, many complaints were received from this business regarding exploitation of workers."

Now Seulgi understands why they visited this place? Seulgi looked at Taeyong. She felt that swelling in her chest. Taeyong was a remarkable adviser to V. He knew how V reigned on his lands. Taeyong must've used his knowledge.

"We've threatened the owner that if he does not improve the condition of the workers, his business will be shut down." said Kwangsoo. "We sent a royal order and some warriors from the palace."

"It seems they listened." said Seulgi. "Good for the workers."

They continued to go around the village the entire day. And then before sunset, they rode back to the castle.

------------

Seulgi felt drained but fulfilled. Today was the first day she felt really good since she arrived in the South. And although she wasn't able to ride as fast as she would like, she was able to go around the South. It was such a nice place. Despite the truth that it's ruler is the greediest and darkest King, the South managed to be a beautiful land.

Seulgi took a rag out and started wiping the table inside the Queen's room.

It seems like the people here in the South isn't so bad. Kwangsoo seems nice. And so many other people she had met were quite nice. But of course there are obnoxious ones like that Mayor. But you'll meet people like him outside the South too. It seems like the South isn't so different from the rest of Vishox. Or maybe because Kong was gone for a long time. His evil plans stopped and so the South was not completely destroyed.

How come people like Kwangsoo follow such an dark lord?

Come...

Seulgi heard a voice.

That is odd. From what she knows... she's quite alone. Taeyong went straight to meeting his officials after they arrived.

Come to me...

There it goes again... Seulgi felt goosebumps. It sounded like a whisper and yet she can hear it well...

Come to me...

That is really scary...

She's been cleaning this room for several days now but this is the first time she's hearing this voice. She wants to think it's just her imagination but...