King of the South 8

Chapter 8

V felt something approaching. V knew who it was with the sound its wings were making. V's eyes thinned.

Taeyong landed in front of him.

V's eyes sharpened. Thick ice covered Taeyong's feet as a big ball of ice came his way. Taeyong's jaw clenched as he pulled himself up and flew away breaking the ice on his feet. He avoided the ice ball a hair strand away before it hit his body.

And then Taeyong felt another ice ball approaching, he flew higher. But V followed him.

Taeyong is frustrated. He does not need this at this moment. He needs to get back to Seulgi right away. He has to stop V from attacking him and make V listen to him.

The thing is, if he were in V's shoes, he would actually do the same thing.

Tsk! This is going to be difficult.

And then Taeyong saw spears of ice following him and they were pretty close. Taeyong flew faster and changed direction.

"You're lucky my warriors did not shoot you arrows." shouted V.

"Train them better. You'd need that." said Taeyong

V's jaws clenched, he slowed down his speed.

"What are you doing here? Did you change your mind? Are you returning to me?" asked V

Upon hearing V's words, Taeyong also slowed down and faced V.

"Do you still hope that I would return? Your hope is in vain." said Taeyong.

"Do you think taking Seulgi with you would break our bond as brothers?" asked V.

Taeyong could hear the anger and the frustration on V's voice. Taeyong could already taste the bitter bile of his betrayal against the brother who had always believed in him.

"You thought you could convince me that you have completely abandoned us by abducting my sister." said V. "But you see... I know what Seulgi is to you. Out of all the people you could have abducted, you took the woman you could not hurt."

Taeyong shook his head as if saying V is delusional.

"If you are not returning to me, then why did you come here? You are not here to attack me, you've been avoiding my attack and you did not fight back. Besides... if you plan to attack me, surely you know you need an army to do that." said V

"I need to see Jisoo." said Taeyong.

V's eyes widened.

If Taeyong had gone all the way to the North to find Jisoo then that means...

"Is someone injured? Who is it?" asked V

V's throat moved as he realized why Taeyong would risk his life leaving the South and go to the North on his own, unarmed.

"It's Seulgi..." whispered V. "What happened to my sister?"

--------------

Jisoo could not believe it... it had been months... Sir Taeyong took Seulgi and they've been gone for months. Now Sir Taeyong is standing in front of her. He went to the North even when he knew V might kill him for abducting his sister. Some would say Sir Taeyong is foolish...

But Jisoo thinks otherwise...

Sir Taeyong went all the way to the North for Seulgi... Because Seulgi was needing... she was in pain and he could not help her. Or maybe the better way to put it is, the Princess refused to get any help from him.