Wolf King 6

Wolf King: Chapter 6

Jinyoung opened his eyes. It was too heavy... he felt every part of his body screaming in pain. He can barely feel his limbs and arms... Damn he feels weak...

But then he heard that soft female voice... that voice which somehow calms him...

Jinyoung did not let the heaviness defeat his desire to see her.

"Chief..."

Jinyoung's eyes slowly focused until he saw a hand wiping the sweat on his forehead, a familiar leather bracelet on her wrist. And then he saw her face...the beautiful face of the only woman he has ever loved.

"Na...yeon." He whispered.

"You are awake!" said Nayeon. "I will get Jisoo."

Jinyoung squeezed her hand.

"Stay... with me." Said Jinyoung.

She doesn't know it... she doesn't know how much he needs her beside him... how much he needs her touch... just being around her gives him peace.

Nayeon brushed Jinyong's hair.

"I am so glad you are alive... you... made me so so worried..." said Nayeon biting her lip as tears fell.

Jinyoung gulped trying to fight the tightening of his throat. Is nayeon no longer angry at him for his betrayal of her trust... for his coldness towards her when she was punished... did she forgive him now after all the pain he caused her?

Jinyoung tried to smile.

"I am a strong warrior." He said, his voice hoarse. "I am not easy to kill."

"You are strong... but you have gotten weak... why Chief? Why will you do that to yourself?" asked Nayeon.

Jinyoung lifted Nayeon's hand to his lips.

"Because I love you... and I could not bear that I caused you so much pain." Said Jinyoung.

Nayeon sobbed.

"Don't cry my little mate." said Jinyoung. "I don't like seeing you sad."

Nayeon lifted her face.

"You... called me your mate just now." said Nayeon gulping.

"Yes... because you are...Nayeon you are my mate." Said Jinyoung.

"But... I am not a wolf." Said Nayeon, her brows closing in confusion.

"You don't need to be one for me to love you." said Jinyoung. "You are my mate Nayeon and it took me this long to admit it to you. I had so many things running in my mind. I admit I was worried about so many things... But right now... none of those matters. What matters is you are here with me..."

"Oh, Chief..."

"Jinyoung. You should start calling me Jinyoung." Said Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung?" asked Nayeon.

Jinyoung nodded.

"Yes my love?" he answered.

Nayeon looked started.

"I am not used to this." She said. "It's feels as though I am not giving you the right respect I owe you... as the Chief of the clan who took me in."

"You'd get used to it." Said Jinyoung.

Nayeon did not speak for a while and just stared at Jinyoung. Jinyoung lifted her wrist to his lips.

"You wore the bracelet." said Jinyoung.