Dragon King 8

Dragon King 8

V sighed as he waited.
For some reason, his chest has been drumming. It seems like he's nervous when very little in Vishox makes his chest move.
It was an agonizing few minutes until he heard a scratch outside the door. It seems she's uncertain whether to come in or not. After a while, the door opened slowly, adding to V's agony.
And then Jisoo's head slowly peeked and widened when she saw him looking at her directly. She entered the room as if she would rather run away. And stopped just two feet from the door.
"You... called for me, My Lord." Said Jisoo
V nodded.
Jisoo smelt of burnt herbs, the smell filled the room... and she had dirt on her chin and neck.
"It seems like a busy day in the healer ward." Said V
Jisoo closed her eyes tight.
"I burnt some herbs... I'm sorry my Lord... I was distracted." Said Jisoo
"About what?" asked V
Jisoo could not look at V.
"Many things... umm... why did you call me, My Lord?" asked Jisoo
V sighed.
"I wanted to tell you that I am now allowing you to go to the forest." Said V
A smiled formed on Jisoo's lips.
"On one condition. The warrior who accompanies you will get the herbs. Just give them instructions." Said V. "I don't want you putting your life at risk."
Jisoo took a deep breath. This is a compromise. It's her best chance to collect herbs again.
"All right, My Lord" said Jisoo.
"I mean it Jisoo. I've had enough of your adventures." Said V
"You are tired of saving me." Said Jisoo
"I didn't say that. I will never get tired of saving you. But that doesn't mean my heart doesn't stop beating whenever that happens." Said V
Jisoo knows she should feel repentant. But why does she feel joy hearing V's words?
V stood up. He took a cloth and went towards Jisoo. And then he wiped the dirt on Jisoo's chin.
Jisoo's eyes widened.
"You know it is dangerous to get distracted when you're boiling herbs." Said V. "What has made you distracted this early?"
Doesn't he realize? He's the reason for her distraction! All those kisses! All those intimate moments which makes her hunger for me... the confusion it brings her mind and heart... doesn't he see what he's doing to her?
Jisoo stopped V's hand.
"I'll go clean myself, My Lord." Said Jisoo
And then she walked out of the room. V sighed.
What must he do to make her stop pushing him away? How will he make her accept him?
-------------
Kai did not appear before Irene the next day. Instead, it was Suho who guarded her. Irene did not need to know why there was a change in warriors... she knew the reason... Kai was cutting her off.
What is she going to do now?
Irene decided she must try to talk to Kai again... she must make him realize she will not force him... she will wait if she has to...
Irene saw Kai at the back of a house. He was looking at the window. He seems to be watching someone inside the house. Irene carefully went beside Kai and saw a woman inside the house. She's a beautiful woman. She has a child on her arm as she sings him a lullaby. Kai was looking at the woman with... a tender gaze...
And then Irene saw a man who hugged the woman from behind her. They laughed together... they looked like a happy family.
And than Kai turned to leave but saw her behind him. He immediately pulled Irene away.
When they were far away from the house... Kai turned to her.
"Stop following me." Said Kai. "It's irritating."
And then Kai ran away.
Irene could feel her chest breaking.
Who is that woman...
---------------
"That's Jennie." Said Rose. "That was Kai's old lover... She was like his mistress... but they were still very young then so they refused to call her his mistress."
Irene felt her world crumble.
"But Jennie found her mate early. During the time when they were still very much in love with each other... Jennie found her mate. And from what I know... Kai was devastated." Said Rose.
"I can't believe Kai is capable of serious love." said Lisa
"Since then... Kai decided that he must not hold on to a female... because any female can be taken away from him... and he no longer wants to go through the same pain." Said Rose.
"And so he became a ladies man." Said Lisa.
"He is still in love with her." Said Irene. "You... should have seen the way he looks at her..."
Both Rose and Lisa could not speak for a while.
"Oh... wow..." said Lisa. "That's a revelation."
"That is possible... Considering he doesn't enter into any relationship and does not take a mistress..." said Rose.
Lisa sighed.
"You can not conclude that he still loves her though." Said Lisa. "Besides... even if he does... Jennie is mated. She is now happy with the mate who surely is crazy about her."
Rose nodded.
"Kai has to let go of whatever feelings he still has for Jennie." Said Rose. "He should start focusing on his own mate."
------------------

Jisoo is starting to believe that King V wants her. It is not because he tried to touch her again. But it's because of the way he looks at her. She noticed him staring at her during meals. And the way he looks at her... the intensity in his eyes... it is enough make Jisoo catch her breath...
She also saw him watching her through a window in his receiving room and there was no denying... that look in his eyes... he wants her.
Jisoo could not think of any reason why he would want her now, absolutely no reason. She did not do anything different. So why does the King always look at her now? There times when she tried to ignore his eyes... but when she could not, they will stare at each other heatedly... like she would literally feel him touching her skin even if they are one long table apart.
It would always make Jisoo's desire for him burn...
It was one of those colder nights when Jisoo saw a dragon healer nervously looking for something in the cabinet.
"What are you looking for?" asked Jisoo
"Needing medicine." Said the dragon healer.
"Oh... are you needing?" asked Jisoo
"Ummm not me... but he asked for it." Said the healer
"He?"
The healer whispered. "The King."
Jisoo's eyes widened. King V... is needing?
Jisoo's throat moved. Then... he was right... he wasn't needing when he punished her... he wasn't needing when he went to her room...
He... really did want her...
And now he's needing.
"I will bring the medicine to him." Said Jisoo
----------