Wolf King 4

Wolf King: Chapter 4

Nayeon woke up with a heavy weight on her chest. She opened her eyes and saw a muscular arm draped over her chest. She turned to see it was the Chief. His eyes still closed. Nayeon remembered the things that happened last night and it made her blushed.

Can this man really want her? Looking at his sleeping face... he looks so handsome... so beautiful... a beautiful man... how can this perfect man want her?

Nayeon felt her chest squeezing tight. She lightly brushed her hand on the Chief's hair to keep it away from his face.

He is a good man... he takes care of everyone... he can be scary when he gets angry... but he is kind. She knew it from the time he gave her a name. He's an amazing warrior and he treats everyone well...

Nayeon felt her chest melting. Her heart beating fast...

She can love him...

If she allows herself to... she can fall in love with this man... it's dangerous... she has never loved before... but she knew the stories and she knows there is always pain in loving.

Can she... take a risk? Can she really allow her heart to surrender to this man? And what if he couldn't love her back? She's only a servant. If Hyuna was not able to get his heart all these years... how much more a plain servant like her?

The Chief's eyes slowly opened. And when he saw her beside him, his eyes widened for a second. And then he smiled.

"Good morning." He whispered as he pulled her closer to him, kissing her forehead. "I had a wonderful sleep. It was the best sleep I had in a very long time."

Nayeon lifted her eyes to look at the Chief.

"What is it?" asked Jinyoung. "You must be famished. We ate so little last night before... before I got distracted."

Nayeon smiled.

Jinyoung stared at her for a while. And then he kissed her lips.

"I'm going to feed you." said Jinyoung.

"Let me get food." Said Nayeon.

Jinyoung enveloped her into his embrace.

"Let me feed you. Stay on my bed." Said Jinyoung.

"But Chief..."

Jinyoung brushed Nayeon's hair tucking it behind her ear.

"Let me take care of you, Nayeon." Said Jinyoung.

Nayeon gulped.

It's too late to ask the questions... because there are no more what ifs....

She doesn't know how it happened this fast but...

Nayeon took a deep breath as her chest squeezed tight with pain and joy.

She had fallen in love with the Chief.

-----------------

Nayeon went to the kitchen after and saw Cook. Cook pulled her into a corner.

"People are talking." Said Cook. "Don't mind them."

"Talking?" asked Nayeon.

"The servants are gossipers. They said you did not return to the servant's tent last night after serving food for the Chief." Said Cook.

"Oh..." Nayeon blushed.

"You... stayed with the Chief?" asked the Cook.

Nayeon took a deep breath. There is no point in hiding it right?