Chapter 2

Author's POV....

Varma Family......

Ashok, Ravinath and Priya were watching the TV when Parvathy came back after visiting the astrologer to check Nikhil's and Priya's horoscope. The Varma's were very orthodox and religious in nature. When Parvathy left the house, she was happy but she looked dull after returning from the astrologer. "What happened Parvathy? Why are you looking sad? Is something wrong with the kids' horoscopes?" Ravinath asked his wife.

"Priya's horoscope was perfectly fine Ravi but Nikhil's..." Parvathy hesitated to continue.

"What's wrong with Nikhil's?" Ravinath asked his wife.

"The astrologer told me that Nikhil has to marry within 10 days" Parvathy said.

"What? 10 days?" Ashok asked his daughter-in-law in shock.

"Yes acha (father)" She replied to her father-in-law. "If he does not marry within ten days either Nikhil or his wife will die after 6 months of their marriage. I am scared Ravi!!!" Parvathy asked Ravi feeling ever so scared and anxious

"We will find a solution, Parvathy. Don't worry" Ravinath said, trying to calm his wife down.
"Parvathy, Shekar called me today to ask for Priya's hand in marriage with Varun. He also asked how Nikhil was doing you know why?" Ravinath asked.

"Why?" Parvathy said.

"He is interested in getting his daughter Ananya and Nikhil married. He briefly mentioned it to me today" Ravinath said.

"Oh really!! Since Ananya and Nikhil were small, I desired her to be my daughter-in-law. But would they allow Ananya to get married to Nikhil within 10 days?" Parvathy asked.

"Paru, Shekar and I used to be best friends from a young age like you and Revathy. I am hundred percent sure that Shekar will understand our situation.
Also, Ananya came back from Manchester yesterday" he said, calming his wife down.

"Priya you are quite close with Ananya. Aren't you? You could talk to her about it too" Revathy told her daughter.

"Amma, I'm sure Ananya wouldn't deny this proposal because she had feelings for Nikhil from when they were young and I guess she still does have feelings for him.
But would Nikhil agree for this marriage?" Priya asked her parents.

"We will convince him somehow. He's 26 already. It's time for him to settle down anyway" Ashok told his granddaughter. Soon Ravinath called his friend Shekar and explained the situation. Shekar's response was a very positive one. He was more than happy to get Ananya married to Nikhil within 10 days without thinking about this daughter's feelings or her consent. 

                                                                            . . . Nikhil . . .

Nikhil was working on his new project when he got a call from Ashok (his grandfather) to come home urgently. Nikhil was a type of person who lived according to his terms and rules, one thing he hated the most was people advising him and telling him what to do. Nikhil normally never listened to anyone else in his family other than Ashok because he was quite fond of his grandfather. So when Nikhil's grandfather rang him Nikhil rushed from work to his house. He lives in another house near his company. Nikhil only visits his family when he is the mood for it. He is currently dating a model called Shreya.

When Nikhil reached his home, he straightway went to his grandfather and asked what the matter was. His grandfather and mother explained the situation to him. When Nikhil heard everything he was shocked, more than feeling shocked Nikhil was annoyed and irritated with the stupidity. "We are living in the 21st century Mom. I can't believe you all are so stupid to believe what the astrologer is saying. My life is not a serial, such events as this will only happen in a serial" Nikhil shouted at his family.

"Nikhil listen, you might think we are old fashioned and stupid but Nikhil these are some of the things that we've grown with and we can't change it now" his father Ravinath advised to his son.

"Nikhil, if you love your family please accept this. We are only doing it for your future" Parvathy requested her son.

"Mom, stop this bloody emotional blackmailing! I am sick and tired of you doing this to get your own way. Honestly, this is ridiculous" Nikhil shouted at his Mom making her cry.

"Nikhil, please calm down!! You've made your mother cry now. We have arranged your marriage with Ananya who is the daughter of your parents' friend Shekar and Revathy. I'm sure you know Ananya" Ashok said to Nikhil.

"What nonsense are you speaking dadaji? There's no way I'm marrying such village pricks! In fact I'm dating a girl called Shreya and if I marry someone, it will be Shreya only" Nikhil said in anger.

"What?" Priya asked in shock and she then said "I'm sure you liked Ananya before Nikhil".

"That was when I was young and daft. I have grown up now and I've realised that she's not my type and I won't fall in love with a girl like her again" Nikhil said to his sister.

"Ok Nikhil. We can understand. If you want, you can marry Shreya but that has to be within the next 10 days" Ravinath said to his son sternly.

"That is not possible dad. Shreya is only at the beginning of her career. Getting married now will affect her career and I am sure she won't agree to it!!" Nikhil said sharply.

"Ok fair enough. I don't need to change my promise to Shekar then. You are getting married to Ananya  and that's final. No more talking about this. You will be getting engaged in two days. If you refuse to get married then believe me, you will pay a huge price for it by that I mean you will have no right over our family business neither any shares as well. After all every luxury you have today is the result of our blood and sweat right? So it's up to us to decide how much share you will get from it. Uh and also you will be kicked out of this house and our lives permanently as well if you refuse to get married within the next 10 days" this time Ravinath forced his decision on his son.

"For f**k sake" Nikhil muttered under his breath feeling helpless. Nikhil hated it when his father forced his decisions upon him.

What was he going to tell Shreya now?

                                                                                       . . .

Nikhil is not perfect, he has his own flaws. There will be times in the story where you will hate Nikhil for sure

What's your opinion of Nikhil so far ?

What do guys think Ananya's reaction will be ?

I do agree Parvathy and Ravinath forcing the marriage on Nikhil is a bit daft.

At the moment I have Vijay Devarkonda - Rashmika Mandanna and Dulquer Salman - Nayanthara in my mind for the cast. Let me know which pair you like the best and please feel free to suggest me people for the cast.

Please do keep the votes and comments flowing as it motivates and encourages me a lot to continue writing. Thanks again for giving this story a go !!