Chapter 6

Wedding Day Part 1

Today Ananya is getting married to Nikhil Varma. Ananya hasn't spoken to her parents  properly after that incident. One thing became clear to her is that her parents are so money minded and toxic. She can't easily forgive her parents no matter what.

Revathy had already placed Ananya's wedding saree and jewellery on her bed. Revathy tried to offer Ananya help but she refused. "I'd rather get ready by myself than seek your help Mrs Ramanchandra" Ananya said and slammed the door on her Mother's face.

Some time later Ananya heard a knock on the door. "Anu, open the door. It's me, Priya".

Priya had arrived at Ananya's house to help her get ready as there were no stylists or anyone else to help her with the makeup.

Ananya opened the door. Her eyes were red and swollen and she hadn't changed yet. "Anu, look at the state of you? Why are you still in your night clothes?" Priya asked Anu with a shocked expression.

Ananya started crying and placed both her palms over her face. Priya hugged her friend and tried to calm her and in between said "Anu you don't need to get married to Nikhil if you don't want to. It's your life, nobody has the right to get you married without your consent".

"But I'm being forced, Priya!! Appa and Amma are threatening to kill themselves if I don't agree. If they do anything like that, then it'll ruin my peace and happiness. And I'll never be able to lead a peaceful life again" Ananya said, hugging her friend tighter.

"Anu, you need to be strong and have to stand up for yourself. I thought you were after returning from Manchester" Priya said, breaking the hug.

"Priya, it's easy to say but when you actually go through it, it's hard," Ananya said to her friend.

"Ananya, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm"

"Why don't you want to get married to Nikhil? You looked so happy on your engagement?" Priya asked.

Ananya then told her everything that happened on that day making Priya shocked and she then said, "Please don't marry Nikhil. I never thought my brother could get this low. I knew that he was in a relationship with that Shreya but I thought they had broken up ages ago. Believe me Anu, she is using Nikhil for her own benefits and not because she actually loves him".
"I can't think of any reason to back out from this marriage now," Ananya said, placing her hand on her forehead.

"I have an idea Anu. I am going to call mum and inform her" Priya said and took out her phone from her bag.

"How will she react though Priya? Wasn't she the one who wanted Nikhil to marry in under 10 days?" Ananya asked Priya not so keen on the idea.

"Yes, but she's so understanding. She will help us" Priya assured Ananya.

Soon Priya rang Parvathy and explained the situation in Ananya's home with her parents and what had happened during the engagement. Parvathy couldn't believe her son could be so cheap...

........... ............. .............. .............. .......

Opinions on this short chapter ?

What do you think will happen in the next chapter ?

Will Parvathy help Ananya ?

Will Nikhil marry Ananya ?

Will come very soon with the next chapter, will make it much more interesting.