Chapter 27

3 Years Later 

"What am I living for and what am I dying for are the SAME QUESTION. " - Margaret Atwood

Ananya was finding it very hard to sleep today the night felt longer than usual and just like 3 years ago this day was too a windy, rainy night. Yes today it marked three years since Ananya left Nikhil's house. She obviously had no contact with him or his family. Ananya assumed that he's living happily with Shreya and their baby.

Am I missing him ? 

Is that why I keep thinking about him ? 

She wanted to go back one day to see Priya and her brothers child but Ananya didn't have the confidence or courage to face any of them ... 

Ananya is now in Bangalore working in a company as an events coordinator, Ananya has a really good salary and she was surrounded by kind people but one thing Ananya lacked was happiness for some reason she found her life to be very empty. When she left Nikhil's house Ananya was determined to not become weak and to start all over again and build her life from scratch. Her friend Siddarth was the one who helped her during the initial stages after finding a job in Bangalore she shifted to Bangalore, she was now living in a  small flat which was owned by Arathi who was a lady in her mid 40's. Arathi and her daughter lived in the flat next to Ananya's.

Ananya was struggling to sleep . The memories of that day kept flashing in her head, finally Ananya decided to take those medications she uses to sleep very night, she completely relied on those now. Without those medications Ananya found it very difficult to sleep, in a way she was depressed, in front of other people she acted very happy and pleasant but inside her she was burning. She still doesn't regret leaving Nikhil's house that day but there wasn't a day where she hasn't thought of Nikhil, every time she thinks she's over him nights like these comes along and remind her that she is isn't over it yet. 

After dozing of after taking those medications Ananya again woke up and saw that it was already 7am, she immediately got up and walked to the bathroom to take a cold shower and clear her mind. After her cold shower she draped the formal saree which she always wore to work and tied her hair into a very low bun. After eating some toasted bread Ananya locked the door and set of to work. 

"Hey Anu " Devi shouted seeing Ananya entering her cabin 

"Hey Devi how are you ?" Anu asked politely 

"I'm good Anu, you look really tired today Anu and your eyes are red and swollen. Did you not sleep well yesterday ?" Devi asked her concerned. 

"Oh it's just I'm a bit unwell today nothing else" Anu replied settling herself in her cabin.

Devi was the same age as Ananya, she was a very nice girl with a very nice family. Ananya has visited her house multiple times. In fact everyone who Ananya worked with were very nice but Devi was the one Ananya was more close to. Devi reminded Priya a lot ...

Anu missed Priya a lot ... 

As they were busily getting on with their work Mr Moorthy called Ananya to the cabin, he was a very nice person but very strict at the same time, it was very easy to annoy Mr Moorthy. Ananya sighed and went to see what he wanted.

"Good Morning Ananya" Mr Moorthy welcomed her after gesturing her to come in.

"Good Morning Sir Prasad said you wanted to see me" Ananya said 

"Yes I did wanted to see you, we have been assigned with an event. I will explain what the event is in a bit, what I wanted to tell you is that the event is in Kochi and I am planning to sent you there to coordinate the event because it's an high profile event they wanted someone skilled for it which is why I selected you. Don't worry you have plenty of time to get prepared for it." Mr Moorthy said 

What Kochi ? No I don't want to go there ...

"Sir can't you give this task to someone else highly able in the company ? " Ananya asked with hope that he'll change his decision. 

"Why ?" Mr Moorthy asked 

Because that place has given me painful memories ...

"Sir it's because I have commitments here " Ananya lied  hoping  Mr Moorthy won't make her go.

"Ananya I'm not telling you to go tomorrow !! You have plenty of time to prepare for it. And that's the end of the conversation !!" Mr Moorthy this time said it quite sternly. 

Ananya sighed and went back to her cabin 

Anu hasn't gone back to Kochi not even once after she moved to Bangalore. Every day she wondered how Nikhil is, if he is alright, whether they had their baby and many things like that . 

After she left from Nikhil's life that day his friend Vijay came to see her when she was standing in the bus stop not having a clue where to go. He convinced her a lot to give Nikhil a chance or at least wait till the DNA test results were out but Ananya didn't listen to him, sometimes Ananya wonders if what she did is right because Nikhil was there for her when she was going through a bad phase in her life and when a hard time came in his life she wasn't there for him .But she convinces herself that what she did was right finds as many reasons as possible to hate Nikhil and make herself believe that he wasn't meant for her. 

Ananya had tried many times to find a soulmate after that but every time she failed in that mainly because she was looking for a Nikhil in everyone eventually she got fed up and gave up the whole idea of love and relationships. 

"Congratulations Anu !!" Devi congratulated her breaking Ananya's thought and trance .. 

Anu looked at her confused "why did you just congratulate me ?" 

"Because you got to coordinate the  event of that high profile architecture company in Kerala" Devi said making Anu tensed 

"architecture company ? How did you know ?" Anu asked her 

"I heard Mr Moorthy discussing it with someone when I went to give him the file apparently your going coordinate a well known families event. Anu this is going to be milestone in your career if you complete it successfully" Devi said happily to Ananya 

However, Ananya heart was sinking with worry. Is it Nikhil's company they're on about ?  

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry for the short chapter guys :)

How was this chapter ?

Is anyone curious to know how Nikhil is living now ? Do you think he is still living with Shreya ? 

Is Mr Moorthy talking about Nikhil's company ? 

Please let me know what you think of this chapter guys !!! Will come back soon with another chapter ....