Chapter 3

Author's POV.....

Ramachandra Family

Shekar told Revathy about what Ravinath's family had informed them. Revathy was more than happy to get Ananya married to Nikhil. However she wasn't happy with the idea of getting her daughter married in such a rush and also Ananya's wish to start practicing Bharanatyam again dragged Revathy back from this idea. But Shekar was determined to get his daughter married to Nikhil because he wasn't able to say no to his friend. He had helped him a lot in the early days with his farming.

"What about Varun's and Priya's marriage Shekar?" Revathy asked.

"Well, Ravi said to wait till Nikhil and Ananya get married and also Priya still has a year to finish her engineering course. Therefore he has asked us to wait at least for a year before getting them married" Shekar told his wife.

When Revathy was talking to Shekar about Ananya's marriage Varun overheard and disapproved of the idea of Ananya getting married so soon. "This is not acceptable Appa. She is only 22 and is so young to be married. She has a lot of dreams and ambitions. Please let her achieve her dreams first. Also we can't just give our Ananya for the sake of someone's horoscope issues" Varun protested to his father.

"Varun, Ananya can always fulfil her ambitions and dreams after getting married. We are not getting her married to a stranger!! We are planning to get her married to your Priya's brother Nikhil. This marriage has to happen Varun. I can't break my promise that I have given to Ravi now. Please understand the situation and speak to Ananya". Shekar told his son

Shekar was stubborn. There was no use with Varun protesting. However, Varun was glad that his sister was not marrying a stranger. Even though they didn't have much contact now Varun and Nikhil were close in childhood. Nikhil being Priya's brother sort of gave him relief. Priya and Varun are childhood sweethearts. Even after growing up, they both love each other immensely and want to spend the rest of their lives with each other.
Priya didn't tell me anything about this, Varun thought in his mind and went to call her to ask about more.

Later when they sat down to eat, Shekar and Revathy decided to break the news to Ananya. "Anu, we have something to tell you" Revathy said.

"What is it Amma?" Ananya asked her mother curiously, eating the rice. Revathy then said "You are getting engaged day after tomorrow"

"Stop joking Amma" Ananya said laughing.

"She's not joking Anu, you are actually getting engaged and the marriage will be within a few days after the engagement". Shekar told his daughter sternly.

Ananya froze for a second. She felt like all her dreams and ambitions were being shattered. She started having a go at her parents.

"Ananya shut it. You will have the opportunity to fulfil whatever you want to after the marriage. End of the conversation". Shekar said and went away.

Ananya never felt so helpless in her life before. Her parents who valued her choices and decisions did not even ask her when it came to her marriage. Even Varun didn't speak up for her, she thought. Ananya got up from the dining table and ran to her room crying.

Even though Ananya's main priority was to start practicing Bharanatyam now. Somewhere in Ananya's heart she had feelings for her childhood friend Nikhil. She didn't know if it was love or not but she knew she had something for him. Even though she doesn't have any contact with Nikhil anymore, the thought of accepting another person into her life, pains her heart.

Varun couldn't face his sister. He didn't know how to calm her. Somewhere in his heart he wanted to tell her that she was marrying Nikhil but he didn't have the courage to face his sister now. He decided to speak to her the next day.

After crying for a long time, Ananya dozed off to sleep. Next day she woke up with swollen eyes. After she had showered, Varun decided to talk to her in her room.

"Anu, may I come in?" Varun asked Ananya knocking at her door.

After getting her approval, Varun walked into her room. He didn't know how to start but somehow he formed words and faced his sister and told her that her groom will be Nikhil. And he explained the Varma family's situation to her. "Ananya, nobody is going to force this marriage on you. The decision is totally yours. Your brother will be there for you. Whatever your decision is" Varun assures his sister by embracing her.

Somewhere in Ananya's heart she was glad that Nikhil was the groom but the thought of the marriage being forced on Nikhil kind of pained her heart and pushed her away from the idea of getting married to him.

However, even though Varun didn't say anything to Ananya, she knew in her heart that if she doesn't agree to get married to Nikhil, then maybe Varun's marriage with Priya May be affected. Varun was her brother whom she loved and Priya was one of her closest friends. She didn't want to hurt the love birds. So mentally Ananya decided to sacrifice for her brother and friend.

Shekar understood his daughter was really hurt with him forcing the decision upon her. "Revathy, I am going to tell Ravi that Ananya isn't ready for this marriage. I don't want to force any decision upon her" Shekar said to his wife.

Revathy didn't know what to say to Shekar.

"I really don't want to break the promise, Revathy. They have helped us a lot during our struggling days. I feel so bad that we can't even help them when they need my help. But my daughter's happiness is my priority" Shekar told his wife.

Ananya walked into the dining room hearing Shekar's and Revathy's conversation. She felt sorry for her father. So she announced to them that she was ready to marry Nikhil even though she was unsure about how her married life would be with Nikhil. By accepting the marriage, she made her parents happy. Both of her parents' thanked their daughter a lot.

Is Nikhil the same old Nikhil?

Will he give a chance to their marriage?

Will he love her?

A lot of questions ran through Ananya's mind, she was feeling really nervous.

............:...

What's your opinion on Ananya and Ananya's family ?

What do you think of Varun ?

Do you think Ananya will lead a happy life with Nikhil ?

I will update soon guys :) please do continue giving me suggestions for the cast. I have another pair I think for the lead which is Dulquer Salman and Nazriya nazim. Please tell me what you think of them

Please ignore the grammatical mistakes the chapter hasn't been edited !!!