Chapter 8 (wedding)

Wedding Part 3

Soon Ananya found herself walking to Mandap arranged in the temple. She had a Garland in her hands which for her become more and more heavier as she got closer to where Nikhil was standing. Ananya was told to not look up therefore she looked down at the ground praying to God to give the courage to stop this marriage in a few seconds.

Nikhil stared at Ananya as she approached near him, he was holding a Garland too. Nikhil's hands fisted seeing the person he hated the most in the world approach him all set to marry him. But Nikhil wasn't able to deny the fact that Ananya looked stunning today in her jewellery and golden bangles interspersed with green bangles. She was wearing a beautiful nose pin and fresh jasmine flowers were tied around her bun. She stood out in her saree.
Ananya was able to feel his piercing stare at her.

Finally Ananya reached the mandap, the area was decorated with many jasmine and marigold flowers.

Ananya knew the moment had arrived for her to stop this marriage, but suddenly she felt as if all the courage she had formed leave her. Ananya was now facing Nikhil, his penetrating stare made Ananya nervous. Soon she found herself exchanging the garlands with Nikhil. Ananya wasn't able to recall the moment where she had exchanged the Garland with Nikhil, it had all gone soo fast. This act of Ananya disappointed Priya as well as Varun. Priya had told Varun what had happened when they were getting ready in the short span of time they had, after hearing that Varun had a tiny hope that either Parvathy would help Ananya come out of this situation or Ananya would do something herself to stop this marriage.

Ananya and Nikhil was then asked to sit.
The pandit then threw some more petals onto the fire. Soon after exchanging the garlands the kanyadanam (giving away of the bride) followed. Ananya's father and mother did that ritual. Ananya had always thought of herself crying when that moment happens in her life, but today when that had actually happened Ananya didn't feel anything other than anger to herself for not having the courage to stop this marriage. Ananya couldn't believe how happy Shekar and Revathy looked as they were performing the kanyadanam after pushing their daughter into hell.

Finally Ananya saw Nikhil getting a golden necklace which was resting on a coconut surrounded by flowers and lotus petals. Nikhil was now holding the golden necklace in his hands - he was holding the manglasutra with pure hatred.

And as he tied the manglasutra around Ananya's neck Nikhil whispered into her ears 'what I'm trying around your neck is just a necklace, it doesn't symbolise anything Ananya Ramachandra, it won't give you a place in my life.''

Ananya heard what Nikhil had said as the flower petals were falling on them and along with the sound of the instruments playing. Ananya did not react, she knew it was too late now to do anything, she had destroyed her chances herself of stopping this marriage ages ago.  And finally Nikhil applied the sindoor slightly pushing Ananya's forehead. Ananya could feel his hate in that act.

And finally to conclude the wedding rituals Nikhil and Ananya was told to take seven sacred rounds around the sacred fire. As Nikhil was taking the rounds he felt as felt as if the ritual was taking years to complete. Nikhil was cursing Ananya and his family silently for making him do all the rituals which he thought was nonsense.

Finally the wedding rituals were completed. As the rituals finished Ananya prayed that Nikhil wouldn't be too harsh on her and and for her to gain the courage and confidence to stand up for herself.

Then Parvathy took Ananya to get her saree and jewellery changed. Ananya found it very awkward to go with Parvathy, therefore she maintained distance with her.

Understanding Ananya's distance Parvathy held Ananya's hands and said 'I'm sorry Anu, I couldn't do anything to help you my child. The phone was on speaker mode when Priya rang, my sister Yamuna was listening to everything she said. Yamuna was the one who forcefully disconnected the phone, and she warned me not to break this marriage for the sake of Nikhil. When she warned me even I turned selfish for a second, if this marriage wouldn't have happened Ananya now then there would've been a risk of him or his wife dying. I am sorry dear please forgive me''. And she bend down to Ananya's feet crying seeking forgiveness.

'Amma please get up, I can understand it.'' Ananya said trying to get Parvathy of her feet. After finally getting Parvathy of her feet Ananya convinced her that it's fine and in return Parvathy promised her daughter in law to be always there for her in every need, and if Ananya wants to take a bold decision in the future Parvathy assured that she will be there for Ananya.

Parvathy then helped Ananya change into a beautiful saree and some beautiful traditional Jewellery of the Varma family. Ananya found the Jewellery to be too heavy especially the umbrella shaped earrings. Ananya was finally ready for the Griha Pravesh (a individuals first time entering a home).

Ananya didn't want to cry as she was leaving, but she broke down as she was leaving, not because she missed her family but thinking about her future with Nikhil. She hugged her grandmother (Shekars mother) Lakshmi and cried and cried until there wasn't anymore tears left to come. When Shekar and Revathy went to hug Ananya she denied it. Revathy and Shekar felt deeply hurt with Ananya's rejection.

Nikhil was getting irritated now, he found her crying to be a drama of hers.

Finally Ananya went upto her brother and hugged him him tightly and formed fresh tears. 'Varun your the only one I'll miss'' Ananya said to varun holding his shirt tight.
Varun too cried seeing his sister cry and kissed her on her forehead and assured her that her brother will be there for her whenever she needs him.

Varum then took her to the car and helped to sit then he gave a death glare at Nikhil and said 'if you make my sister cry you'll pay for it Nikhil''. This made Nikhil more angry and shocked because no one other than his family ever said to him something like this.

.............. .................................... ............

If so sorry guys, I know many of you didn't want Ananya to marry Nikhil. But this was how it was meant to be from the beginning.

Will Nikhil give a chance to this marriage ?

How do you think Nikhils and Ananya's life will be ?

Please do let me know what you guys think of this chapter :) I still haven't fixed the cast, if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment below :)

Please forgive if I've got any of the rituals wrong !! Also please ignore any grammatical mistakes. This chapter hasn't been edited.

Will soon come with the next chapter till then please do stay connected !! Hope you've all enjoyed this chapter !