Chapter 21

Nikhil's POV

I am not the same Nikhil who I was before 8 months ago, I have changed a lot from the old arrogant Nikhil. This marriage has changed me ...

When Ananya first came into my life I absolutely despised her and thought she was the reason for all my problems However, that thought has slowly changed. I realised Ananya is a gem of a person and I was hurting her for no reason. Why am I blaming her because my parents forced me to get married to her ? She was on the same boat as me ...

Everytime I believe that Ananya is recovering shes disappointing me, like yesterday seeing her like that in the rain hurted me a lot, seeing her in pain is making my heart bleed. I still don't know when I started liking her, was it when we went to Manchester ? Or did the sympathy i had towards her turn into liking her ?

I don't know the answer ....

The only thing I know is that I am eager to share my life with Ananya ... I want her ... But for that Shreya is in the way ... comparing Ananya with Shreya has just made me realise how toxic Shreya was. More than love it was always her demanding things in the relationship and feeding me with toxic information but  an innocent soul like Ananya made me realise what I thought about love was wrong. I have to end it soon but would I be in the wrong to leave Shreya and try and start a new life with Ananya ?

Will Ananya give me a chance ? For the past few days I have been getting restless with these thoughts. Priya is my another worry, I don't want her to live the life he way she is living it now ... She is not the type of person who should stay home and live a depressed life. Priya has a great potential to reach heights but Its going to be a difficult task to bring her out of the pain shes going through now.

I still can't take in Varun's death, his health was progressing really well after the car accident but the Cardiac arrest ? It was an unexpected shock ...
Varun was able to speak as his health was progressing, once when I went to see him with Priya what he said to me holding my hand was that "Nikhil don't hurt my sister", I still have him saying that ringing in my ears. Maybe was it that which created a soft corner for me in Anu ?

I don't know ...

Today I didn't go to work, I wanted to take Ananya out for the evening as it will be a change for Ananya. She was sitting in the garden when I approached her she removed her headphones and smiled at me. I went and sat next to her in the bench not keeping much distance.

"Hii Anu I wondering if we can go out today ?" I asked her curiously expecting her reply to be a no.

She thought about it for a while and replied "erm yep sure Nikhil but where?'

I was overjoyed hearing her response " maybe to the Park ? It'll be fun to just sit on the grass, watch as other people go by and just relax" I suggested

"Yep that sounds like a nice idea, are we going now ?" Ananya asked me

"Yep why not " I replied

"Then I will go and get ready !!" Ananya said and left. I then went to get ready as well.

Authors POV

Nikhil too then went to get dressed, he didn't want to dress too formally like he always does for work. After a lot of thinking Nikhil finally decided to wear a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Nikhil normally never really bothers much about what he wears but today he wanted to look the best ...

After getting ready Nikhil went to the living room, there he saw Ananya already waiting for him. She was wearing a black crop top paired with a long floral ankle length skirt exposing a very small portion of her stomach. She had let her waist length hair loose. One thing Nikhil noticed about Ananya was that she always wears her manglasutra, she always tooks it in her dress but it was easy for him to know what it was.