Chapter 31

It was sleepless night for Ananya today, after 3 years she was under the same roof with Nikhil. She was given the guest room and the balcony was located just next to her guest room.

Somewhere in Ananya's heart she was starting to develop and soft corner for Nikhil .... she felt as if she wanted him back but regrained as she wasn't aware of his relationship status now.

No matter how much she tried she wasn't able to sleep, so she decided to go to the balcony and watch the stars and moons and the rain hoping it will calm her mind.

Slowly she walked to the balcony hoping not to disturb anyone from their sleep but when she got closer to the balcony she saw Nikhil standing there deep in his thoughts.

I want to talk to him .....

Ananya confidently went upto Nikhil breaking his trance.

Nikhil - 'Did you not sleep ?"

Ananya - "for some reason I'm not able to sleep today "

Nikhil - "Oh"

Then the moment went into a long silence ....

After finally gaining the courage Ananya finally managed to say these words "I'm sorry Nikhil ......."

Nikhil felt strange and with a confused expression he looked at her face

Ananya - " I apologised for taking a hasty decision that day. Sorry Nikhil ....."

Nikhil didn't say anything, he remained quite

Ananya then spoke up again and said "Priya told me everything ... never ever did I think that Shreya and Vijay will become this low .... Even though it wasn't intentional I'm sorry for hurting you that day as well Nikhil "

Nikhil just remained quite, he didn't know what to say.

"Nikhil please say something" Ananya said

Nikhil turned around facing Ananya and said "neither did I think they'll do this Ananya. Sometimes the people who you thought were the closest betray you like hell !!! I've got over all that Ananya and I've forgiven you ages ago even though I was one who was partially responsible for creating a scence like that day"

Ananya - "Nikhil ..... ?"

Nikhil - "Yes Anu ?"

Ananya - "I know were divorced now but can't we start all over again ? And make it work this time ? Nikhil I'm asking you openly Do you still love me ?????? " Ananya finally blurted it out but regretted it the next second because she thought he never loved me !!!

We aren't divorced Anu .... nikhil thought ....

Nikhil was rejoiced hearing what Ananya had just said and the word LOVE just created butterflies in his stomach.
But to Ananya he said "I am sorry Ananya, I've given up on love. I don't ever think I'll ever be able to fall in love again or trust anyone. Also since the beginning we've had troubles in our marriage, at the beginning it was me being arrogant as hell and being a jerk to you and then various tragedies followed after we decided to make our marriage work making our marriage crumble into the thousand pieces so frankly speaking Ananya I don't want to give it another go and then be disappointed. I don't think were ever meant to be together, it's nothing personal against you !!!"

Ananya's heart sank after hearing what Nikhil said, she then controlled the tears that was ready to come out any second.

"Its fine Nikhil, I can understand" Ananya said and decided to leave from the awkward moment.