chapter 10

Author's POV.....

Nikhil was leaving for Dubai today. With him Shreya was also going. The main reason why Nikhil arranged this Dubai trip was to escape from Ananya's sight. Nikhil absolutely despised seeing her.

Everyone else bidded bye to Nikhil but Ananya didn't. She stood back and watched Nikhil leaving.

. . . . . 

"Thank God, I don't need to see her face for a month," Nikhil said to Shreya in the hotel room in Dubai.

"I'm glad too Nikhil. I'll get you all to myself for a month. Guess what?" Shreya asked Nikhil all happily.

"I've sent a follow request to Ananya on Instagram and she accepted it and followed me back. When I upload all my Dubai pictures with you, she's going to feel so humiliated. Haha Imagine the feeling of seeing your husband with another girl. She's going to feel so worthless" Shreya said, mocking Ananya in front of Nikhil.

"That sounds great Shreya but isn't it a bit cruel?" asked Nikhil.

"What happened Nikhil? Aren't you happy with me mocking and insulting her? Your agenda was the same before you married her. Did you catch feelings for her or what?" shreya lashed out at Nikhil.

"no no Shreya, I don't mean it like that" he tried to coax her.

"I understand Nikhil, after getting married to her, you started to forget me. Men are like this...." and there she started streaming down her fake tears.

"Shreya, I love you so much baby. Nobody can take your place in my life. Ananya is someone who I despise a lot. Shreya I'm arranging mine and Ananya's divorce papers. There's no need for you to feel insecure. Never will I ever fall for Ananya" Nikhil said assuring her.

Listening to Nikhils words, Shreya hugged Nikhil tightly and they spent the night making love to each other.

Soon a month passed with Nikhil attending meetings and Shreya and Nikhil visiting various places in his free time. Shreya also managed to bag a modelling project during her trip to Dubai because of Nikhil's recommendation. Shreya knew very well that Nikhil was a stepping stone for her to reach various heights.

One Month later

Ananya didn't know who Shreya was until she saw her pictures with Nikhil on Instagram. Nikhil was right. Shreya is gorgeous and perfect for him. Seeing the pictures with her husband slightly tore Ananya's heart. How wouldn't it? After all, even though they don't like each at all, Nikhil was her husband. No wife would like to see another girl in her place in her husband's life.

But Ananya remained strong. She knew this marriage was only temporary. She was expecting divorce papers from Nikhil anytime he's back and there's not much time left for that. The thought of Nikhil coming back from Dubai slightly increased Ananya's heartbeat. She was too comfortable in this house without him. She had heard that he's got another house in Cochin and he often stays there. Ananya tensed with the thought of going to Cochin and staying with him by herself.

In the past month, Ananya seeked permission from her in-laws to start practicing her Bharatnatyam again. Ananya has done Vidwat in Bharatnatyam too but doing her bachelors degree in India and then going to the UK for her higher studies didn't give her enough time to practice much again. Bharanatyam was something she enjoyed a lot. Her dream was to start a dance school one day.

Ananya started practicing under her teacher Miss Anantha Naranyani. Priya too joined Ananya to pass time. She too had learnt classical dancing before when she was young but stopped when she reached year 8.

One fine day, Ananya was practicing dance moves to a classic song which her teacher had asked her to perform for a company's 25th anniversary celebration. Ananya was completely engrossed in her dance moves when Nikhil entered the house after returning from Dubai. Everyone in the family was watching her and encouraging her.