Chapter 9

Ananya's look for the wedding

Ananya's look after the saree change

The Varma house looked breathtaking, the house was fully decorated with oil lamps, roses, jasmine and marigold. The house was fully decorated to welcome Ananya into the family. Nikhil unwillingly opened the car door for Ananya indicating her to get out.

Nikhil didn't speak one word to Ananya in the car, in fact Ananya fell asleep due to the tiredness. How wouldn't she be ? She woke up early in the morning, had a traditional turmeric/sandalwood bath followed by all the rituals she had to do.

Parvathy welcomed her daughter in law by performing a small aarti and after a few other Grihapravesh rituals.

As soon as they entered the house, Nikhil went get changed and went to his study to work on some some plans of few buildings he was working on at the moment.

As soon as Nikhil left, Priya took Ananya to Nikhils room. "I'm disappointed Anu". Priya said not looking at Ananya

"I tried Priya, but I don't know what happened." Ananya said trying not to break down again.

'Hmm, at least don't let Nikhil treat you like shit. Please be more bold".

Priya helped Ananya sit down on Nikhil's bed. Nikhil's bed was fully decorated with various lights and flowers. Even though Ananya knew that nothing was going to happen between them today, she felt nervous thinking how Nikhil could force himself on her if he wants to".

Even on Nikhil's wedding he was working non stop, as well as being an arrogant person he was a workaholic person as well. His work was always his priority before anything else. When Nikhil was working he heard someone knocking on his study. Nikhil spends most of his time in his study whenever he stays at his parents house.

"Come in" Nikhil said

Parvathy then walked in, "Nikhil, Anu is waiting for you in your room please stop working now, you can carry on working tomorrow".

Nikhil didn't say anything, he closed his laptop and got up to leave, suddenly Parvathy held Nikhil's hand indicating him to stop.

"Nikhil I thought I raised you better ..." Parvathy said looking into her sons eyes

"What happened amma ? Why are you speaking to me like this now ?" Nikhil asked his mother

"I heard what you had told to Ananya on your engagement day ... you are now married Nikhil to Ananya.
Nikhil you can't still be in a relationship with Shreya. You have to forget her. You need to give a chance to your marriage with Ananya Nikhil.

You know what ? Ananya had requested me to stop this marriage today morning but I didn't. You know why ? Because I got a bit selfish, Shreya is nothing compared to Ananya Nikhil in terms of behaviour and looks. Please don't hurt her. We had given you the option to marry Shreya, your the one who declined that ...."

Nikhil's blood was boiling listening to his mother. Then he finally lost his cool 'Amma please don't make me say things that's I will regret. If you want me to continue respecting you as my mother then please shut up. I've been going through a lot in the last few days just because of you !!!! Because of the bloody horoscope issues you found. Amma I bloody hate people controlling me and what happens in my life.
I've married the girl you wanted, now at least let me act the way I am. Please leave me alone"

Saying his Nikhil slammed opened the door of his study tightening his fist and went to his room. There he found Ananya sleeping on his bed in a sitting position making his blood boil even more.

'GET OUT OF MY BED !!!" Nikhil roared making Ananya jump out of the bed. She was still in her wedding saree and Jewellery.

"This is my bed, go and sleep elsewhere you little snitch " Nikhil said

"Can you show me the place to change ?" Ananya asked nervously and with a confused expression on why Nikhil had called her a snitch

"The bathrooms over there. Now GET LOST and leave me at peace."  Nikhil screamed at Ananya and settled himself at the side of the bed.

Nikhil was extra angry at Ananya for telling Parvathy everything.

Ananya, took out a salwar from her suitcase and went to the bathroom to shower and change. When Ananya got into the toilet she looked at herself in the mirror and  she  then stared at her manglasutra and sindoor, she was married now to Nikhil Varma, who hated her a lot.

When came back after changing, the room was all dark and there Nikhil was sleeping at the side of the bed. Nikhil had strictly ordered Ananya to keep out therefore she decided to sit on the floor. She didn't want to share a bed with Nikhil either , because the room was so cold due to the effect of AC she covered herself with her dupatta. Ananya was just feeling scared now she didn't have any clue on what the future had in store for her.

Next morning when Ananya had woken up it so soo cold in the room and she saw that no one was in the room. Ananya slowly got up and went to get fresh, when came out of the bathroom Priya and Parvathy was waiting for her holding the saree and jewellery for Ananya to wear today as they had few rituals to perform in the morning. When Ananya had finally got ready she went to where  the others were. Dad and dadu was reading the newspaper together and Nikhil just came back from jogging, as soon as he entered the house his eyes met Ananya's , She quickly looked away and went to greet everyone in the family.

"Little snitch" Nikhil muttered under his breath referring to how Ananya had told Parvathy everything that had happened during the engagement, even though it was Priya who actually told her.

Later Nikhil came back from getting changed, and then both Ananya and Nikhil were asked to do few rituals. After the rituals and breakfast Nikhil informed the everyone in the family that he was going to Dubai for a month as part of a project he's doing now.

"What Nikhil ?, you can't just leave a day after getting married" Shekar responded

"Well this is my work related thing , if I don't visit Dubai and attend those meetings then our company will suffer from huge money loss". Nikhil said trying to convince his father

After a lot convincing Shekar and Parvathy finally granted permission to Nikhil.

Ananya spend rest of day at Priya's room, she avoided entering Nikhil's room because the last thing she wanted to happen was to face Nikhil.

.................... .......................... ...............

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter !!!!

What do you guys think of Nikhil in this chapter ?

Overall opinion on this chapter ?

Will Nikhil ever love Ananya ?

Will Shreya accompany Nikhil to Dubai ?

Your feedback will be much appreciated !! Please keep the votes and comments flowing

Will come back soon with the next chapter ❤️