7. not afraid anymore

𝑊𝐴𝑅𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐺.
this chapter doesn't necessarily include public sex? but there is a risk of being heard.
• praise kink • degradation

"Penelope," you audibly groaned, chasing her down the hall as she led you to her office, her heels clacking against the flooring as she teasingly ignored you

"Penelope," you audibly groaned, chasing her down the hall as she led you to her office, her heels clacking against the flooring as she teasingly ignored you. "For the last time, nothing happened!"

Garcia pushed the door to her office open, swiveling her head around to look at you as a wide smile overtook her lips. "The fact that I just saw you pull up in a car with none other than Dr. Spencer Reid," she said, giving you a wink, "says otherwise."

You shook your head at her, saying quickly to her, "That? That was nothing. We hung out before coming into work. That's all."

"Is it?"

Your heart raced at her words, clenching your jaw anxiously as you prayed that she didn't see anything else. "Yes. That's it," you said to her, balling your hands into fists. "Nothing else happened."

"Why were you hanging out in the first place?" Garcia asked, striding into her office, you following her as she dropped into her desk chair, cupping her chin as she grinned at you, looking at you expectantly.

"He asked if I wanted to go to one of those silly film festivals that he's into and since everyone always turns him down, I figured I'd take one for the team and just go. Why is it such a big deal? It's no different than if you or JJ were to go with him," you said to her.

"It is different," Garcia giggled, spinning around in her seat as she smirked at you. "JJ's married and, well, as handsome as the boy genius is, I don't think in any universe I could ever be sexually attracted to him. You, on the other hand— you're single-"

"-As well as half the people are in this building."

"You're absolutely stunning," Garcia added, counting on her fingers as she continued, ignoring your ineffectual response. "Boy wonder's had his on eye you from the moment you stepped foot into the BAU."

"Not true!"

"You're the youngest on the team," she continued, grabbing a fluffy, pink pen off her desk and clicking it, laughing as you glared at her, heat flooding your cheeks. "You're witty, easy to talk to, and you have a heart of gold. I mean, you're perfect for the boy genius!"

"Penny, stop. Reid and I are never going to happen. End of story," you told her. "We hung out. I don't see what the big deal is! Spencer and I are just friends. Nothing more."

"Just friends?"

"Just friends."

"Hmm..." Garcia paused, taping the pen against her chin for a moment as she looked at you, grinning as she said, "You see— it's the way you said it, though. Like I'm not the one you're trying to convince— you're trying to convince yourself."