8. lies in the dark

𝑊𝐴𝑅𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐺.
i will not tolerate jj slander in the comments😾
• violent/dangerous situations

i will not tolerate jj slander in the comments😾• violent/dangerous situations

"No."

Reid's objective voice pierced through the silence of the conference room as he stood from his seat, shaking his head around at the team. "No," he said again. "I think that's a foolish idea. You'd just be putting more lives at risk. No."

"Reid, it might be the only chance we have of catching this unsub," Morgan said to him.

"So you're saying that it's worth risking (Y/N)'s life over the lives of victims that might not even happen?" Spencer asked, crossing his arms. "I'm sorry, I just... that doesn't make any sense to me. (Y/N)'s a valuable asset to this team and if you put her in that position, then you're putting her life at risk, Hotch."

"Risk comes with the job, Reid," Hotch told him. "We are agents first and noncombatants second. If you have a problem with that, then I hope I make myself clear when I say that if needed, I can and will remove you from this case. You've never had a problem with sending someone in undercover before."

"I'm sorry, I just... I guess I don't see what the point is of doing this."

Hotch looked over at you, his eyes searching yours. "What do you think, (Y/L/N)?"

You looked up at him, twiddling your thumbs in your seat next to Reid as you shrugged your shoulders at him. "If it helps the team, I mean, I'll do it," you replied. "I'll go undercover. I'll do anything if it means catching this sick son of a bitch."

"She's not even trained, Hotch," Reid interfered, ignoring you.

"How hard could it be? I just have to pretend to like the guy, right? I've already had to do that more times in my life than I can count," you told him as you stood to your feet. "And I know how to shoot a gun! I wouldn't be at the FBI if I didn't. Someone can just lend me theirs and then send me in. I can do it. And if it gets to be too out of hand, I'll radio you, and if you're so worried about my 'wellbeing,' then you can be the one who comes and rescues me, genius. But I already know I won't need it."

"(Y/N), you're not even an agent," Spencer said, looking at you. "You're a media liaison."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that for the past fucking year-"

"-(Y/L/N)," Hotch interrupted you, giving you a warning look.

"Sorry. I wasn't aware that for the past year that I've literally worked with you, you didn't hear every time someone addressed me as Agent (Y/L/N) or that my credentials," you paused, reaching into your back pocket as you whipped your FBI credentials out, waving them in Spencer's face, "my credentials literally say Agent (Y/L/N)!"

"(Y/N)-"

"-No. I know I'm a lot younger than most of you here," you said, looking around at the team, "and, you know what, maybe I am just a media liaison," you paused as you crossed your arms, "but I am just as capable as the rest of you, so don't underestimate me again. Thanks for having my back, Reid."