8

( EDITED )

( LANGUAGE WARNING )

( SENSITIVE TOPIC: RAPE )

My jaw dropped to the floor.

" BRI ?! " I say running up towards her to give her a hug.

" Hey girly, I decided to fly out a week early so we can spend your birthday together ! " she said in an excited tone

" the big 18 huh pais, I remember when u were a little kid. " my dad says walking past me into the kitchen. Close behind Stacey followed.

I rolled my eyes. Maybe the big 18 won't be so bad? I don't know..18 is my unlucky number.

" sooooooo where do u wanna go first?! " Bri said jumping up and down clapping her hands.

" my room obvi, you've got to see it. it's incredible! " I say grabbing her hand while running up the marble stairs.

We finally made it up to my room. Bri's mouth dropped as soon as I opened the door. She set her suitcase and bag down on the floor. She was gonna stay with us while she was here because she didn't want to stay in a hotel. I'm fine with it though because after all, she is my best friend. We sat in my room for about 30 minutes catching up on Bri's life back in LA.

" so enough about me, what about you? how are you liking Jersey so far? " bri asks sitting up and leaning on my pillow.

" um good I guess, It just still boggles me that Josh is here. " I say fidgeting with my pink fuzzy pillow.

" it'll be ok paisley, I promise. Have you seen him other than the time at the beach? " she asks me.

" u-uhm " I say hesitantly

" Pais. are you kidding me? why didn't you call me? I swear to god. I'm going to fucking murder that man."

I just sat there staring at my pillow twisting my finger around the fuzz.

" was anyone there with you? " she says in an angry tone

" Uhm yeah. " I say quietly. I really don't want her to get involved with the twins because she's known for hooking up with every dude she talks too. I don't know how but she does and I have a feeling one of the twins is going to be her next victim.

" who " she says sternly

" one of the twins " I say again quietly.

She just nods her head. I was shocked that she didn't ask any questions about Ethan or the situation.

" Hey Bri, Wanna go to the mall or something. " I say getting up from my bed. 

" yeah sure. let me change into something cute, I've been wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt all day. " she says walking into the bathroom.

I didn't really wanna get dressed up either so I just threw on a pair of leggings, a white long sleeve shirt, a camo jacket, and paired it with my lace-up vans. A few minutes later bri came out wearing a crop top and some high waisted shorts and she wore her white vans with it. We arrived at the mall 20 minutes later. We were in American Eagle looking at jeans when I felt my phone buzzing. It was Grayson.

" hang on Bri I'll be right back I'm getting a call. "  I say taking my phone out of my pocket.

she nods her head. I walk to the bathrooms because that where I felt like no one can really listen in on my conversation.

" Hey, Gray whats up? " I say leaning against the sinks

" Hey, sorry to bother but I have a thought. Why don't you just file a restraining order against Josh? That way you can live here in peace and no one has to worry about you being harassed by him again. Especially after what happened when u were with E. "  He says through the phone