14

( EDITED )

( SENSITIVE TOPIC WARNING: RAPE )

I woke up due to the laughing that came from downstairs. I sit up rub my eyes and scratch my head. I was still feeling the same way I have for a while, Sad, gloomy, numb, angry. I stood up and stretched. The twin's house was kinda cold so I threw on a gray fleece jacket that was in Grayson's closet. He wouldn't care, right? I opened the door and walked down the stairs. First-person I saw when I reached the bottom of the staircase was Bri.

" Ugh never thought you'd be up " Bri says rolling her eyes playfully in annoyance.

" sorry " I mumble quietly while tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

" What's wrong paisley? " Bri says walking up to me.

 " oh hey pais " Ethan says while walking past the staircase into the kitchen

" hi " I say in a soft voice

I walked with Bri into the kitchen still ignoring her question. As soon as I walked into the kitchen I immediately saw Grayson. All of a sudden I remembered that I fell asleep in his arms yesterday. My mind was flowing with all sorts of questions. Did he forget? Did he even care? Was he doing it just to make me feel better?

" You okay? " Grayson said interrupting my thoughts.

" Uhm yeah just- tired.. " I say unsurely

" How are you tired pais you fell asleep at like 1 pm and it's 11 am ? " Grayson says looking at the clock than me.

I just shrug. Even though today was my birthday It didn't feel like it and it never will. Today marks the first year I got raped aka the worst day of my life. 

" also is that my jacket? " He says pointing to his jacket I was wearing.

Bris head shoots up and looks at Grays jacket then at me and smiles followed by a wink.

" Uh yeah. I didn't think you'd mind since I didn't bring any clothes over. " I say walking over to the cabinet to get a cup

" Nah. But do you want to go back to your place to get some clothes since I'm sure you'll be over here for a while? " Grayson says while looking at his phone.

" I don't really wanna go back there, Can you bri ? " I turn to bri while filling up my cup with water.

" Uh no- " bri says playfully.

" Oh okay well then ill just go over there I guess... " I say in a disappointed tone. I didn't want to go over there because I didn't wanna stay in that house on my birthday bringing back all the memories.

"What's your problem Paisley? of course ill go I was just kiddi- " Bri says before cutting herself off. She walks over to me and hugs me.

" I'm sorry. " She mumbles into my neck.

"It's fine I just have to learn to not think about it. " I say walking into the living room to sit on the couch. 

" Hey guys ill be back in like 2 hours ? I forgot I had to go run an errand its important, Ethan wanna come with? " Bri says grabbing her phone and one of Ethan's hoodies to put on.

"What's about gray and pais ? " Ethan says confused. 

" They know each other they're fine, cmon. " Bri says grabbing Ethan's hand and dragging him out to the twin's car.

" Where are they going? " Grayson asks while walking into the living room eating a croissant.

" Somewhere I guess. " I say getting the remote and turning on Netflix.

" Hey " Grayson says sitting next to me on the couch. I look over to him.

" I know today isn't going to be the best but cmon it's your birthday your an official adult now, lets at least see a smile? " Grayson says before tickling me.

" Okay okay okay! " I say while laughing while trying to squirm out of his arms.

He finally let's go.

" You should smile more " he said before grabbing the remote to the tv

" let me have that " I say reaching towards Grayson to grab the remote.

" if we're gonna watch a movie then were gonna watch what I wanna watch " He said lifting the remote in the air. He knows he's taller than me by a lot so obviously, I couldn't reach it.

" ugh fine but nothing scary, I hate scary. " I say sitting back down and fake pouting

" Well then were watching scary " Grayson says sitting down next to me and scrolling through scary movies.

We were already in a playful mood so I decided to quickly grab the remote from his hands.

" Uh give that back! " Grayson said standing up

I ran upstairs with the remote Grayson not too far behind. All of a sudden I felt a pair of arms from behind me pick me up.

" put me down! " I say laughing.

Grayson snatched the remote from my hand and put me down. I turned around and saw him wink at me and then run back downstairs. He walked back into the living room on the couch with me closely behind.

" ugh your too tall. You have an advantage. " I say while dramatically sitting back down on the couch next to him.

" How tall are you anyway? " Grayson says  while scrolling through the movies again

" 5'3 " I say with no expression

" that's not too short, Ethan had a girlfriend who was 5'1, couldn't even reach the cabinets-" Grayson said while pulling out his phone. He was getting a call.

I took the remote from him and decided to pick something while Grayson was on the phone.  I turned on the movie I picked.

" Hey I gotta go be somewhere real quick, we will watch a movie tonight with E and Brielle. " Grayson said grabbing his keys from the counter.

" oh okay " I said glancing over to him and then back to the movie.

After Grayson left, the house was quiet. About 20 minutes passed and I got bored with the movie. I was super hungry but I didn't wanna eat. I knew I haven't eaten anything in a day so I just decided to post mate something. I went onto the computer and post mated chipotle since I still didn't have a phone. About 20 minutes of waiting the doorbell rang. I went to answer the door. I opened the door and my heart dropped.

It was her...

Authors note:

--------------------

you are not alone <3

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTTLINE: 1-800-799-7233

SEXUAL ASSAULT HOTTLINE: 1-800-656-4673

SUICIDE HOTTLINE: 1-800-273-8255

--------------------

Don't be afraid to call ^ 

Sorry, I haven't updated in a while, I got grounded and I'm super busy with school lol! Anyways have an amazing day/night, I love you!

I'm proud of you!

You are amazing.

You're worth it.

BLM

~B