t w e n t y - o n e

The next morning when I wake up, Cameron's not in my bed.

I feel numb.

As the previous day, I'm not sad, but I'm not happy either. I don't know what's happening to me exactly, but as I scroll through my social media a few hate comments manage to put me into a bad mood. I don't ever get sad over some stupid hate comments, why am I today? 

I get out of the bed slowly and take off my warm fuzzy pajamas. Instead I put on one of Cameron's shirts, the grey one -  my favourite. It falls just to my mid thigh and feels soft and comfortable. I pull on a pair of knee high socks and ruffle my hair a bit.

I jump in surprise when I hear a noise from the bathroom, as if something had fallen.

''Cameron?''I ask and walk to the bathroom. When I open the door he's going through my toiletry and from what it looks like, he's reading off a list. There's a pen in his mouth and he turns around dropping the toiletry bag on the floor. Blushing, he quickly picks it up from the ground and places it next to the sink in front of the big mirror.

''What are you doing?'' I ask him with a chuckle as I step a bit closer to him and grab the pen from his mouth. His cheeks redden again.

''Uh, you were really tired yesterday and I wanted to do something nice for you so I, uh, wanted to pack your bags.Your clothes are all ready packed, they're over there,''He motions towards the shower, and there really is my suitcase full and closed in front of the shower.

''Now I'm just packing you know,lady stuff.Your shampoos and stuff.''He says and laughs in embarrassment. I bite my lip and pull him in a tight hug.I close my eyes as he leans his chin on my hair.

Cameron's sweet gesture just changed my mood in an instant and I'm not feeling sad anymore. 

Instead,I fill this strange, warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling is nice and I like it. 

''Thank you Cam.''I say to him and kiss his cheek when I pull back. His cheeks are still red from embarrassment and he looks adorable.

''Are you wearing my shirt?''

This time, it's my turn to blush and he chuckles at me as I slap his shoulder playfully. We continue to pack my stuff while me make some small talk.

''When are we leaving?''

''I think Matt told me at twelve or something.''

''Oh.''

It's silent and I think of asking him about the previous night, but I decide against it. I don't want any additional drama right now, and I think he feels the same as I do. After checking the time, we decide to wait  in my room since it's already ten in the morning. We watch an episode of Friends and then I change into a pair of comfortable black leggings and a loose basketball tee. I pull my hair up and grab my phone, I go to grab my suitcase, but Cameron beats me to it. After thanking him, we walk to his room at eleven thirty. 

As he closes the door behind him, I place my phone on the table and he drops the suitcase on the floor and walks towards be briefly.

''What are-'' His lips are on mine and my lower back hits the table behind me. I don't push him back. Instead I wrap my arms around his neck and tug on his hair whilst a moan slips from his lips. He hooks his arms under my thighs and lifts me up on the table, and I lean down to kiss him as he stands between my legs.

It's confusing, this on and off relationship we have. We're friends, but we act like a couple. 

I guess you could say we're friends with benefits, kind of. But I don't use Cameron, I care about him as a best friend and I know he cares about me too, a little more romantically than I do about him, but I love him nonetheless, even if I don't feeling anything romantic towards him.

However, I can't deny that  I enjoy kissing him, because I do. It's just the way he kisses me, with so much passion and from just one kiss, I know he cares about me. It makes me feel good about myself, loved even.

He pulls back after a while and rests his forehead on mine.

''What are we doing?'' He says, breathless and I stare at his chest, breathing heavily.

''I don't know.'' I mutter and pull him into another kiss, which leaves my head spinning. His arms draw circles on my hips and goosebumps raise under his touch.

''Cameron, '' We pull back quickly when Matt knocks the door. ''Dude we're leaving in ten.''

I stare at him and he stares back. Our chest are rising and falling rapidly. His cheeks are red and his lips swollen, and he looks cute, handsome even.

''Okay.'' Cameron says loudly whilst he still looks at me. He bites his lip and I twirl a strand of his brown hair between my fingers.

''Lets go.'' I say and press my lips to his for a brief second. We grab our bags and head downstairs, where a car's already waiting for us.

SHAWN'S POINT OF VIEW:

As I'm getting in the backseat of the car, Cameron and Elle walk through the door of the hotel with bags in their hands. My blood boils when I look down at their intertwined hands. Nash notices it as well.

''So, you two a thing now, huh?'' He says, wiggling his eyebrows like an idiot. Cameron and Elle look at their hands and pull their hands away in an instant. They're both blushing. Motherfuckers.

I push past Nash and into the car, putting my earphones in as  Arctic Monkeys blast loudly. I relax immediately and sigh. However the moment is ruined when fucking Elle sits next to me in the backseat of the car. 

Just perfect.

She says something, so I pull one ear bud out.

''What?''I ask. 

''I just said hello.''She says.

''Oh.Hi.''

''Where's loverboy?''I ask her after a few seconds. She rolls her eyes.

''Cam's in the other car with Nash, he dragged him with, so you're stuck with me. '' She says to me, sticking out her tongue and I almost laugh. Almost. 

If it weren't for the picture of her and Cameron holding hands that's stuck in my mind, I'd laugh.

''Yay me. ''I  say sarcastically. She does an exaggerated evil laugh and she looks adorable.

She really thinks this is punishment for me, to have her this close, but she has no idea.

She has no idea that I'm dying for her to be around me, because at the end of the day, even though I don't want to admit,

I'm still madly in love with her.

________________________________________________________________

Finished my exams! I finished 12 out of 14 exams like I wished to, but two of them weren't as good as I wished.They were okay tho.

I'm back to writing for about two weeks,so 4-5 chapters a week preferably. One on saturday,one on sunday, one  tuesday and one on thursday or friday.

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1,1 K READS! I didn't even know until I went to write that I had over 1k reads! Thank you so much for reading this story, despite my lack of updates in the past two weeks. i hope I'll make it up to you!

I hope you liked this chapter, I haven't had the time to edit it, so if I have any grammar or spelling mistakes, I do apologize!

THANK YOU!