𝐭𝐰𝐨.

Revna's POV:

I stared at my distorted reflection in the metal of my arm. I trailed my gaze down towards my metal fingers, flexing them slowly into a fist and then unclenching them. I did this several times, touching the portrait of the raven painted on the bicep. The metal was cool against my finger pads while I sat there and gawked at the imperfection.

"It's vibranium." The deep voice of Agent Rumlow spoke from behind me. I turned my head over my shoulder, the small twin bed I sat on creaked at the sudden shift in weight, "Strongest metal on earth."

"I'm assuming it's also bullet proof." I husked. Rumlow smirked, pulling out his pistol and aimed it at me. I covered my head with my metal arm, the pressure of the bullets hitting the vibranium before they ricocheted off before clattering onto the floor.

Slowly I lowered my arm, glaring at the man whilst I stood, my boots hitting the bullet casings on the ground. Rumlow holstered his gun and crossed his arms over his broad chest.

"Point proven. But why?" I asked.

"Why?" Rumlow furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why." I clenched my jaw, taking a daring step forward.

Rumlow chuckled, patting my bicep, "Come on, there's something I want to show you."

I watched his back as he left, taking in a deep breath before following after him. A few of the other agents looked at me and slowly whistled, but shut their mouths when I glared at them. Rumlow snickered and gestured his head towards the small jet he was in. I followed, climbing into the small jet. I grabbed one of the hand rails on the ceiling, the jet taking off and I held my breath when we hit a small patch of turbulence.

The plane ride was rather quiet, tense even. I zoned out on the black leather chairs a few inches in front of us, leaning my head against my forearm. Eventually I got tired of standing, figuring we were a few hours out (give or take) from where we were going. So, I sat down in the all black chairs. I sucked in a breath, my fingers gripping the leather of the seats when we hit another patch of turbulence.

"We shouldn't be doing this."

"What?" My eyes shot open as my heart rate sped up.

"I said we're almost there." Rumlow said, shifting on his feet, "You're gonna need this."

I caught the fox fur coat he tossed towards me, looking between him and the coat a few times before slipping it on. A few moments later we had landed and I followed Rumlow off the jet, my breath coming out in clouds as the brisk air nipped at my skin.

My boots sunk into the snow, the crunch satisfying the inner child in me as we both came across the edge of a large crater in the earth. Nature was in the process of claiming it as its own while the frost and snow settled upon it delicately.

Looking at it more closely, I could see the rubble of some housing, shingles split apart, glass hidden under the amount of snow while the rest of it seemed to be unrecognizable. It all looked a little daunting.

"Where are we?" I asked, bending down to pick up a small stuffed bear, dusting the frost from his faded brown fur.

"You don't remember?"

"Am I supposed to?" I asked, frowning down at the bear.

Rumlow chuckled, "This used to be your home. The RedRoom destroyed it. Once they get what they want, who they want, they bomb the rest." He then turned my body to face another part of the earth, "It's nothing but a graveyard now."

My breath hitched in my throat when I saw the heart wrenching sight. So many bodies, so many skeletons. They were all piled on top of one another, their jaws hung open and even in the black abyss of their eyes, you knew they were scared. The bear slipped out of my fingers, landing softly in the snow while the screams of the dead blared in my skull I thought it was going to split open.

"Goodbye mommy." Rumlow whispered in my ear, "We took you away from them, Raven. We brought you home."

Home. Maybe in the devil's arms was where I always belonged.

"All we want to do is help you."

"Help?"

"Black Widow. She did this. She gave them the coordinates, she gave them the okay. She probably pressed the button that sent the missiles flying."

"She wouldn't." I shook my head, ignoring the cold chill that wandered down my spine.

"Why wouldn't she? I mean, she killed your sister. Why wouldn't she take away the only family you had left? Don't be naive, Raven."

"Why would she do this?" I couldn't help the soft whimper that left my throat.

"Because she doesn't care about you. She used you. You feel too much and that only hurts you. Take those feelings and turn them off, bury them so deep inside that it rots inside of you." Rumlow spoke passionately.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked, looking down at the layer of frost that had settled on my metal fingers.

Rumlow chuckled, "Красный цвет (Red), Двадцать (Twenty), Вдова (Widow), Цепи (Chains), Песня Воронов (Ravens song). Are you ready to comply?"

"Да (Yes)."

"Good. You've killed and you'll do it again."