𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

Steve's POV:

"Is he gonna make it?" Nat rushed in, a worried expression etched on her face. My lips tugged down into a frown as I shrugged, looking away from her green eyes, "I don't know."

"Tell me about the shooter." She husked, sucking her bottom lip between her teeth while she watched the doctors work on Fury through the gallery window.

"There were two." I told her, seeing her eyes flash surprise, "A man and a woman. They were strong. I fought the woman, she was as strong as me, if not stronger. And.. they both had a metal arm."

"You don't think..." Nat trailed off, the gears in her head turning as Maria Hill walked in.

"Ballistics report came back. Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Maria said reading off the report in her hands.

"Soviet-made." Natasha clenched her jaw, her cute nose flaring slightly.

"Yeah." Maria deadpanned, all of us watching in shock while Nicks state deteriorated. His beating heart line soon started crashing and soon it didn't make mountain peaks, it made a still River.

"He's in V-tach." A male nurse said, another announcing a crash cart was coming in.

"Nurse, help me with the drape." The Doctor yelled.

"BP is dropping."

"Don't do this to me, Nick." Natasha mumbled and I took the opportunity to grab her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear! Pulse?"

"No pulse."

Our eyes kept on drifting between the doctor and Nicks body as they kept charging up the paddles to try and restart his heart.

His body would jolt up, his back arching off the table like death was caressing his spine. No matter what they did, how many times they charged the paddles and upped the electricity, his heart was stubborn.

We all sucked in a breath when they announced his time of death, the doctor ripping off his gloves in defeat before giving us a sad look. Natasha gripped my hand a little tighter before burying her head into my chest. I held my friend in comfort while my mind raced. Fury was gone. What was there to do now? What was next after this?

"I know who killed Fury. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years." Natasha said, pulling back from my arms and wiping the tears that managed to fall from her cheeks, "Who the woman was, I don't know. At least, I hope the guess I have isn't the right answer."

"You think Revna could be her?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Nat shrugged, "Revna and I had a mission to infiltrate a hydra base that was supposed to be empty. We came across some information. It was all in there Steve. The tesseract, the super soldier serum, 1945, The Winter Soldier. And then when I went back to the Red Room to save her, the place was blown up, barely recognizable."

"I wouldn't be surprised, but I think we shouldn't make any affirmations. We'll deal with this and then we'll get back to looking for Revna and Bucky, okay?"

The ginger nodded, blowing out a breath, "The only problem we're facing right now is he's a ghost story."

I smirked, holding up the flash drive Fury gave me the night he died, "Then let's go and find out what the ghost wants."

-

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha teased, putting her feet on the dashboard.

"Nazi Germany." I explained hearing her hum in response.

"And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash." I playfully glared at her and she chuckled, taking her feet off the dash.

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" She giggled.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?"

I sighed, "That bad, huh?"

"I didn't say that."

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying."

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had."

I snorted, "You don't need practice.It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead."

"Nobody special, though?" She asked innocently and I shot her a look, chuckling breathlessly, "Actually, yeah."

Her interest peaked and her face lit up, "Tell me about her!"

I cleared my throat, side eyeing her, "It's uh, it's you."

"Steve.." Nat gasped and I sighed through my nose, "You know I'm not ready to be with anyone. I-I can't."

"You can, Natasha. Don't worry, I won't pressure you into anything but I'll wait. I really do like you." I said passionately, turning on the radio for her own benefit and to drown out the possibly awkwardness between us.

Third Person POV:

Rumlow had called the facility when word got out that another HYDRA base was blown up with Steve and Natasha inside of it. It was time to send in the assets.

Revna and Barns both suited up. Barnes wore all black cargo pants and combat boots, paired with a strapping black bullet proof vest. The mask he wore covered all the way over his nose and he wore the all black tinted goggles.

Revna wore something similar instead she wore an all black long sleeve shirt in replacement of the bullet proof vest. Her mask was similar to the soldiers and her hair was tied into a braid going to the middle of her back.

Winter and Ravne were both escorted into a car and taken to Alexander Pierces mansion. Both of them sat down at the small table in the corner of the room, hidden from view unless you rounded the corner from his front door.

"Good night." Pierce told his maid, grabbing a glass of cookies and milk before taking a seat across from Winter and Raven.

"The timetable has moved. Our window is limited. Two targets, Level Six. They already cost me Zola. I want confirmation of death in ten hours." Alexander spoke in an even tone.

"Sorry, Mr. Pierce, I...I forgot my phone." The maid trailed off, interrupting their discussion and then her eyes landed on Raven and Winter.

"Oh, Renata. I wish you would have knocked." Pierce sighed, looking towards Raven. Raven pulled her pistol from its hip holster and skillfully put a bullet between Renatas eyes.

"Now, go finish the mission." Pierce smirked, biting into the cookie, "Hail Hydra."

"Hail Hydra."