𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

Revna's POV:

I groaned, eyes squeezing shut as my fingers gripped the bed sheets. Sweat beaded at my forehead as my chest rose and fell with sharp breaths. My heart hammered against my chest, threatening to break through my bones.

Everything I was seeing was foggy, tinted with blacks and greys. I didn't know what was happening, but I knew I didn't like it. Shades of red started splattering through the colors like it was becoming a canvas for death's hands.

My palms gripped the bed sheets tighter and when I looked down, red stained my palms. Crimson flooded every last crevice of my hands that it looked like a river. When I looked back up, I saw his face looking back at me, the flood of memories coming back to me while Taskmaster chuckled.

I sat up with a jolt, eyes widening as the sweat trickled down my temple now. My chest rose and fell more slowly now but my heart still thumped loudly in my chest like someone was banging on a drum.

I maneuvered, swinging my legs over the bed as I hung my head in my hands, trying to steady my racing heart. My back tensed when cool hands settled upon my heated skin. Soft feather light kisses were soon placed until Natalia stopped at my shoulder, resting her chin on it from behind.

"How bad was this one."

This one. As in more than one. As in, on a scale of one to ten, how vivid were the things you seen?

I shook my head, "I don't really want to talk about it."

Nat turned my face towards hers and kissed the corner of my lips tenderly, "I love you, okay? Which means I'm not just here for the pretty parts. I'm here no matter what."

I sighed, humming hoarsely, "It wasn't the worst. Not compared to ones in the past. I saw his face though. I saw shades of red on my palms and splattered around."

"I know you're worried. I'm worried too. But you and I, we'll survive. We always do. As long as we have each other's backs and stick together, we can do anything. Because something tells me this, you and me, is a forever thing."

I smiled softly, leaning in and kissing her tenderly, "it's definitely a forever thing. I just don't like being on edge. I wish the fight was over, but I know it's far from over."

"Then let's try and just live in the now, okay? Let's try not to think about Taskmaster or anything else. If and when he comes, we'll be ready."

I nodded my head, "What time is it? The Barton's should be here soon and we haven't started on dinner." I said, glancing over towards the digital clock on our nightstand, seeing it read 6:13pm.

Clint and his family were coming over around seven to see the house and have dinner, so Nat and I decided to take a nap to kill the time. Okay we had sex for hours and then decided to take a nap.

"Did you invite Bucky?" Natalia asked, stretching before getting out of the bed.

I shook my head, "Should I have? I thought maybe you wanted just Clint and his family over?"

Nat shrugged, "I don't mind. I think Bucky would love to come over and see the place. Besides, you guys are friends and It wouldn't be fair if I didn't let you have your friends over too."

I nodded with a smile on my face, getting out of bed before kissing her quickly, deciding to call Bucky and invite him over.

-

"Need any help?" I asked Natalia as she sliced down the center of a loaf of country bread, the crispy ness of it coming through.

"Do you want to cut some tomatoes up for me?" Nat asked, tucking her champagne red hair behind her ears. I hummed, kissing her cheek quickly before grabbing a knife and cutting board.