𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Revna's POV:

My body was guided into a small tub, the Lukewarm water drenching my hair and my naked body. The woman around me were gentle, respectful as they gently pulled my body through the surface of the water, dipping me back in before repeating the actions a few times.

"What is this?" I asked, the water dripping down my body as they stood me up, helping me out of the small tub as they dried my body.

"It's cleansing water. Dipping in it or bathing in it, helps cleanse your aura. It helps get rid of all the negative energy, giving you a clear mind." One of the women explained with a kind smile.

I nodded, closing my eyes when they started combing my hair, trimming it up some. It was quiet, for once my mind wasn't racing and splitting open. TChalla said things went well, that they were responsible for removing the tech from my head. I felt.. well, I should feel relieved. But I didn't know what to do now. I wasn't sure where to go or who to be. As long as I could remember, I was Raven. I was death itself and now.. now I wasn't sure who I was. Sure my name was Revna, but who was she?

Once I was cleaned up, they gave me some cream colored cotton pants, some underwear and a bra to put on. Once I was dressed, they began smashing berries into a bowl until there was a dark puppet liquid.

I watched them intently as they began to paint on my skin with the berrie essence. They painted a small symbol on my bicep, making copies of it until it was a band all around my bicep.

"What's that?" I asked, looking down at the freshly painted artwork.

The wakandan woman smiled, "It's called a Dwennimmen. It means ram horns. If you look closely, you can see the two rams butting heads. The horns symbolize strength and humility."

"I like it

"I like it." I offered a toothless smile, watching as she began to paint on my stomach. The more I watched, the more I began to realize that she was painting, what looked like, a type of bird taking an egg from its back.

"A bird?" I asked, "What's it doing?"

"It's a metaphorical symbol, the Sankofa. It reminds us that we must move forward as we remember our past. And at the same time we plant a seed for future generations that come after us."