𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

Revna's POV:

The soldier and I decided to walk the streets of France for a bit, grabbing a small bite to eat before finding a nearby hotel and deciding to stay inside for a little while. The police were sure to come investigate the murder that occurred in the ball room, and I didn't want to be anywhere near the scene.

So, we entered the hotel lobby only to remember that we didn't have any money on us to pay for a lavish room. So we did the next best thing. I flirted with the front desk man, using my best French accent while Barnes snuck behind the counter and snatched us a set of room keys.

"finally, I can take this monkey suit off." Barnes chuckled, taking off his jacket and tossing it over the chair in the corner of the room.

"I thought you looked quite dashing in the velvet lined suit." I teased, slipping my heels off my feet and finding instant relief.

Barnes smirked, "maybe I'll ask them to line my bullet proof vest with it."

"we could be super spies. Where you go everywhere in a suit and me in a dress. We have an English accent and have a gun with a silencer."

"you watch too much tv." He chuckled, slipping off his dress shoes and setting them near his jacket.

I shrugged, "I only have one channel on my small tv in my room and it only shows old action films."

The man shook his head in amusement, "maybe we should have spent our time dancing."

"who says we can't dance right here?"

"there's no music." He stated and I playfully rolled my eyes, "hmm, then I guess we can make our own." I said, offering my hand towards him, "come now, don't want to keep the lady waiting."

Barnes grabbed my hand and I led us towards the middle of the room, "I'll warn you. I was a great dancer in my day."

"you remember that?"

"I remember little bits here and there. Nothing that sticks though." He hummed, swaying us while his hands were placed respectively on my hips and my arms were wrapped around his neck. There was some height difference, but I didn't mind.

"me too. Except it's all bad and I'm glad it doesn't stick. The headache doesn't ever seem to go away." I sighed.

"no, it doesn't. just a painful reminder that our lives don't exist beyond our current moments."

"what lonely people we are." I laughed lightly, resting my head on his chest as the steady thumping of his chest soothes me.

"Mhmm, who said we had to be alone? don't people like us, assassins, deserve a little slice of the pie."

I sighed, "depends on what kind of pie, Barnes."

"I hate that we're seen as bad people. I know we're gonna get our mind wiped soon. But underneath all of that, we're good." He explained softly.

"no one understands." I muttered under my breath.

"do you remember where you're from?"

"Russia... I think. You?"

"New York. Although they keep trying to convince me I'm German."

"interesting. Sometimes when they wipe my mind, I wish I didn't come back at all. I wish I could start over. Forget." I admitted.

"why?"

"there's this woman, Black Widow, they say she killed my family, killed my sister." I told him, taking in a deep breath and inhaling some of his musky scent.