𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Revna's POV:

Finish the mission. Finish the mission Revna. FINISH IT!

The bullet popped off and I jumped in my skin. My ears rang loudly like whoever shot the gun, pressed the barrel right up against my ear. My body vibrated and my eyes glanced down when I felt something warm and sticky between my toes.

Blood. A river of blood streamed down the off white tiles like it was a homicide scene.

"Well done." Dreykov smirked, looking towards the deceased body of a small girl.

"Revna, how could you?" The little girl spoke with her last breath before her body released all of its air, her skin melting off and turning to bone while her bones soon turned to ash. There was a yelling in my head, splitting open my skull as the river of blood swallowed me whole like it was going to take me to the hellmouth. My hands flailed about, trying to reach for something, anything, that would allow me to hang on for just a moment longer. But all I grabbed was a small silver necklace.

Instill. Fear. Pain.

Instill. Fear. Pain.

Instill. Fear. Pain.

Instill. Fear. Pa-

My eyes bugged open as my heart skipped a few beats. I thought it had stopped all together. Sweat glided down my temple while the scared eyes of Barnes burned into my soul.

"Are you alright? I heard screaming and then I came in and you're choking yourself."

I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair while my chest heaved up and down. My body felt sticky, slick with sweat as my t-shirt clung to my body.

"I had a nightmare." I breathed, swinging my legs over the bed while burying my head between my hands.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Not really. No. There was a necklace in the dream though and it feels familiar to me." I told him softly, still trying to wrap my head around the vivid nightmare.

Barnes licked his pink lips, going to put his arm around me but hesitated and thought better of it.

"There's a place where they keep belongings they wish to use later on. Sort of like a blackmail type deal. Maybe the necklace is in there."

"We have to find it." I told him, already standing to my feet.

Winter nodded, leading the way as we snuck out of my room. Both of us tip toes down the stairs that led into the lower floors of the facility. There weren't very many patrols down here so it was easy to sneak into the room we needed.

"Look at all this stuff." I mumbled, trailing my fingers through the many valuables spread out on a silver table.

"A lot of this stuff they really just took because they could." Barnes said rummaging through some more valuables and trinkets.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I would know. I'm the one who stole most of it for them." He glanced towards me and then looked away.

I dug around through a small pile when my fingers caught the metal chain. I pulled my hand up, the necklace dangling from my nimble fingers, catching some of the light in the room.

"This is it." I mumbled.

"It's beautiful." Barnes said, standing next to me.

"It was my sisters." I whispered, sucking in a breath while my eyes glazed over with tears I wasn't supposed to shed. Every part of me screamed to not cry, to not make a fuss. But she was so little, so small, and all the memories that flooded back were just too much to handle.