𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Revna's POV:

After Natalia and I rekindled, we took all the videos and anything else that was on the computer and put it onto a flash drive Nat had brought with her. Once that was done we decided to destroy the rest of it so that nobody could have access to it.

We then flew back to New York, finding comfort in the silence as we flew. Nat was the one who mainly did the Piloting, telling me that I should catch up on my rest. I argued back at first, but knew she was right.

"wake up sleepy head." Natalia mumbled, stroking my cheek softly.

I groaned, fluttering my eyes open some and smiled softly when I saw her, "Hey."

"Hey." Nat breathed back, kissing my temple, "We're back at the compound. I'm going to get a car for us and we can take Peter back home. Then after that, Fury has a surprise for us."

I sat up, stretching my limbs above my head before standing, kissing her lips lightly before all three of us walked off the jet and into the compound.

"I'm going to get a few things around before we can leave." She said, kissing me quickly before rushing into another room, Peter saying something about going to bug Tony.

I leaned against the kitchen counter while I waited, tapping my fingers against the counter. Steve walked in a few moments later, catching my gaze and he rolled his eyes.

"heard you and Romanoff are getting a place together." He said.

I hummed, "yeah... we are."

"you think she's gonna be happy? Sitting around all day with you?" He asked, rummaging around in the fridge.

I rolled my eyes, "we're not starting this again. Nat and I are happy, without you in our lives."

"yeah I'm sure she's real happy with you kissing another woman." Steve said, grabbing a water bottle and unscrewing the lid before taking a sip.

My jaw clenched tightly together as I tried my best to stay calm and in control, "it was just a misunderstanding. her and I talked it out. you know I don't know why I'm explaining myself to you."

A hint of amusement flashed through his baby blue eyes, "I enjoy how angry I make you. It just shows that you're not so level headed and killer free as you may think. you're going to snap again one day and it'll be on Natasha. again."

"I don't deserve her. I know that. But that makes me all the more better for her because I try hard every day to make her the happiest she can be. You think you deserve her Rogers, you think that for all you've done for the world you're owed someone like her. But that simply makes you boring and downright unlovable. You're right, there may be a part of me that is still mind controlled, but I would fight until my last breath to ensure I do not hurt natasha or anyone else ever again. If I ever felt that there was a part of me that was wrong, I would get help straight away. How about you, Steve? Have you gone to a shrink about your nightmares yet?"

Steve clenched his jaw before chuckling bitterly, trying not to show that I had struck a chord somewhere deep inside of him. His pride and ego were hurting right now, "what about you, Raven? you've seen a lot. killed your fair share. maybe you and I aren't so different."

A smirk tugged back the corners of my lips as I rested both arms on the counter, "oh stars and spangles, you and I are so different. and one thing that sets us apart is the simple fact you're afraid of me. you're afraid of what I can do and what I am. I'm not afraid of you, because I know inside you're still that scrawny little Brooklyn boy who was always picked last."