𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Revna's POV:

As soon as the jet stopped in the facility, I shrugged off the fox fur coat and one of the nearby agents took it from me. I looked at him, not expecting the sudden movement before looking away. The frost coating my metal arm was melted, leaving the metal slick and damp.

"Agent Rumlow, Raven, how was the visit?" An older man asked with a curious smile.

"Went as to be expected, Pierce." Rumlow hummed.

"Good." Pierce chuckled, turning towards me, "How was the trip home, Raven?"

My tongue poked out and I licked my frost bitten lips, "I don't have any feelings towards the pile of rubble nor its people."

Pierce laughed loudly, clearing ecstatic with my answer. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, slowly leading me towards another part of the facility, "Caring about other people only hurts you in the end. In this world, it's survival of the fittest. Now, I have someone else I want you to meet and I think you two will really hit it off."

The smirk he wore should have sent a shiver down my spine. But it didn't. His smirk was one that was used to cover up surprises, and all my life I've had nothing but those. I'd like to think of those as the devils gifts and I wondered who this other person was.

Pierce held open the door for me and we walked inside a training room. There were punching bags, even a whole boxing ring in the corner. There were mannequins to throw or punch, an entire rack of guns and knives. Hydra really had it all in here.

"Soldier!" Pierce called out to the man who relentlessly pounded the punching bag with his wrapped fists. Even under the white shirt he was wearing, one that was slightly drenched in sweat, you could still see the way his back muscles flexed deliciously. I shifted a little on my feet, breath catching in my throat when he turned around. First I noticed the way he jaw ticked before he then pushed back some of his hair from his eyes.

The second thing I noticed was his metal arm, the one that was similar to mine. I wonder how he had gotten his. The man walked forward till he was close enough for me to smell the musky scent of him. He didn't smell bad, he smelled desirable. His eyes snapped towards mine as he gave me a soft once over.

"This is Raven. Raven this is the Winter Soldier." Pierce introduced us with cheer in his voice. He wanted us to get along. "You two will be spending some time together, see how well you work as a unit. We have an agenda to fill after all."

Pierce left with the promise that he, if not, one of the other agents, would be back to check up and see how things were progressing. Neither one of us said anything for a few moments before the gruffness of his voice made my eyes snap up to meet his.

"Want to hold the bag for me?" He asked and I nodded, following him over towards the worn down punching bag. I got behind it and held it sturdy for him, the force of his punches making me hold the bag a little tighter. The man seemed to have stamina as he punched the bag relentlessly until he backed away.

Both of us switched spots and he held the bag for me while I began striking, "So, how long have you been here?"

"A few years." He responded, grunting when the bag hit him in the chest.

I hummed to let him know that I heard him, striking the bag harder and harder until I punched the bag so hard, it flew backwards and knocked the man over. My eyes widened and I was quick to apologize, grabbing his hand and helping him to his feet.

"You have a lot of strength hidden away in that body." The brunette smirked, lingering his gaze on me a little too long.

I smirked back at him, pushing his stubble ridden chin up to meet my eyes, "My eyes are up here."

"Your eyes are beautiful." The muscular man commented, nudging my chin up with the crook of his metal finger.

I chuckled under my breath, licking my lips and watching as his eyes snapped down before meeting my gaze once more.

"You have nice eyes too." I said sincerely. His eyes were a bright blue, little shades of green mixed in beautifully. He chuckled breathlessly before kicking my legs out from under me, my back hitting the mat with a thud.

"What the hell?!" I growled, hearing a deep chuckle rumble from him.

"Surprise, doll." The brunette winked.

I kicked his legs out from under him and straddled his waist, pinning his hands above his head, "I'll have you know this doll doesn't go down so easily."

In a blink of an eye I was pinned underneath him once more, his hips grounding it mine while both of our hearts hammered in our chests, "Could have fooled me." He husked.

Playfully I rolled my eyes, pushing him off of me before standing to my feet. I dusted off my clothes before walking towards the weapons racks, trailing my fingers down the grain of one of the kendo sticks.

"What's your weapon of choice?" I asked him.

I gave him a questioning look when I hadn't heard anything from him, turning to look at him to see him pondering.

"Probably a gun." He said, scratching at the stubble on his jaw, "What about you?"

"I'd have to go with a knife, it's up close and personal." I chuckled, grabbing a stick off the rack and twirling it behind my fingers.

I smirked when the stick hit his hand before I used the stick to hit him in his thigh, both of us began fighting as he blocked most of my attacks. His back hit the wall and the stick was right in front of his face.

"You're dead." I smirked confidently, blowing a strand of hair out of my eyes.

"Is that so?" The soldier said, amusement dancing around in his blue eyes.

I hummed, "Very much so."

I took a step back and pulled the kendo stick away from his face, putting it back on the rack while my stomach rumbled loudly.

"Let's get some food in you, doll" The soldier nodded his head towards the door.

"How chivalrous of you, soldier." I teased, nudging him before we both left to grab some food.