𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

Natasha's POV:

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

"I do." I hummed, sitting up a little straighter in the wooden chair.

"Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers?" The committee general asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know what there is left left for him to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made his point fairly eloquently."

"Well, he could explain how this country's expected to maintain its national security now that he and you have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus." The committee general huffed.

"HYDRA was selling you lies, not intelligence."

"Many of which you seem to have had a personal hand in telling." The man scoffed.

"Agent, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel, given your service record, both for this country and against it, that you belong in a penitentiary, not mouthing off on Capitol Hill. Same with your friend Revna Liv. She seems to be a bigger threat than HYDRA."

"Revna was nothing but a HYDRA toy. What she did was pure HYDRA. Nothing but a pawn. You're not gonna put me in a prison. You're not gonna put any of us in a prison. You know why?"

"Do enlighten us."

"Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we helped make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me." I stood up from the chair, the cameras flashing as they snapped my picture, reporters shouting my name.

"Agent!" The man called and I stopped mid step, "Whether she was HYDRA or not, Revna is a threat to society. We aren't going to let it slide for long."

"Then I guess we'll be seeing each other soon." I called over my shoulder, beginning to walk once more.

-

"Jarvis, will you call an emergency team meeting?" I asked the AI, running my hands down my face as I stood in the middle of the living room.

"Right away, Agent Romanoff."

I leaned against the large mantle on the fireplace, arms crossed as I waited for the others to show up.

"so why have you gathered us all for a meeting Romanoff?" Tony sighed, plopping down on the leather sofa, "Wait, I think I know, it's because of Raven."

"Revna." I corrected him.

"whatever. there's nothing to talk about. I think the fact she's locked up in a bullet proof, highly durable cage says enough." Tony rolled his eyes.

"you guys have to understand. The revna in there has been brainwashed countless times. But I think we can undo it." I told them, looking at each one of them.

"she tried to kill you romanoff, why do you want to save her?" Tony asked.

Steve scoffed, "She loves her."

I glared at Steve, "can you not put your jealousy aside?"

"my answer would be the same even if I didn't have feelings for you. Revna is a killer and we still don't even know about all the things she's done. That girl in the cage was tip toeing around her grave the moment she was born." Steve gritted out.

"she had a life before all of this! She grew up before the Redroom! I didn't I was 5 when I was taken! She was never born to die she was forced into this and it is our duty as avengers to give justice to those who weren't fortunate. What if it was pepper, or Peggy on the other side of that glass?" I asked, an edge to my tone.