Chapter 12: Let's Talk

I stayed with Archer in the living room.

"Sorry about your knee." I caressed his face.

"It's fine. Hurts a little but don't tell Bella. I'll ask the doctor to see if I didn't break anything or for the intense pain I'm about to feel."

"I'll call the doctor now. Bella is distracted."

I dialed the doctor and he told me he would be here in 20 minutes. I told Archer and he was fine. I helped him to my room and he laid on my bed.

"Nurse, I'm dying." He sighed as I chuckled.

"So I'm your nurse now?"

"Yes. Now kiss me."

I placed a soft kiss on his lips. "Feeling better?"

"Well-"

"Sorry to interrupt." We looked up to see the doctor.

I got out of the bed and he examined Archer's knee.

"Nothing is broken and everything is fine. Just a little swelling. Apply ice on your knee for 20 minutes, every two to four hours. And for the pain, Tylenol works."

"Thank you so much." I told the Doctor.

"Let me know of it heals well." We nodded and then he left.

"Looks like you're sleeping here tonight."

"I got no problem with that." He pecked my lips.

"I'm going to back to the party, tv control is on your left. Have fun here while I go deal with kids."

He chuckled. I left the bedroom and went back to the party.

"Wheres Archy?" Bella asked.

"He's resting in my bedroom. He was a little tired."

"Is it because of me?" She pointed at herself.

"No, it's been long day for him so he's resting, go play with your friends."

"Okay." She went back to her friends.

"How bad is it?" Dad asked.

"Its swollen, no bones broken. He should be good in a few days. I think." I answered.

"When he gets better I would like to have a little chat with him."

I gave him a look.

"I'm your father, I'm allow to have a special conversation with your boyfriend." He retorted.

I chuckled, "He's not my boyfriend. But don't scare him away."

"I would never." He feigned being hurt.

"You scared Aaron when he came home the first time for dinner." I reminded him.

"I regret nothing."

I laughed as he did too. Dad eventually warmed up to Aaron and they became good friends.

After the party was over and everything was cleaned. I went to put Bella to sleep. Amara was already sleeping.

"Did you have a great time?"

"Yes, thank you mommy." She gave me a hug and then a kiss on my cheek.

"You're welcome, baby girl. Sweet dreams." She was already sleeping. I turned off the light and went to my bedroom.

Archer was sleeping already. I went to take a shower and then changed into my pajama. I turned off the tv and climbed into bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out. Five year old kids have drained my energy today.

.............

The next day in woke up did my daily routine. I got out of the bathroom and saw him on his phone very focus. I really hope is not another woman.

"You know, staring is bad." He said while still focusing on his phone.

"I wasn't staring." I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled. "If you're concerned. I'm not talking to another woman.

"Who, me? Pft." I said while walking to the bed and then took a seat.

"No need to get jealous." He pecked my lips.

"I just don't want you to break my heart." I sighed.

"You're the only that I want." He caressed my face.

"Okay. I trust you." I smiled.

"May I have a word with Archer?" We turned to see dad.

"Dad." I gave him a look.

"Bella, is looking for you."

I shook my head. "Sorry Archer." With that said, I left.

Archer

She did not just leave me with her father alone. I'll get back at her later.

"Archer, I'm very protective of my daughter. All I want is for her to be happy." He said as he walked around the room.

"I want that too."

"What are your intentions with her? Are you planning on being official? Is this just a summer fling to you?"

Damn, I didn't think he would be intense. All her family is intense and overprotective.

"I like your daughter. And yes soon I will ask her to be mine. And no she's more than just a fling." I answered truthfully.

"Don't break her heart, because I will find you and break you in two. Is that clear?"

"Loud, sir. I respect her and I would never break her heart."

"Good, cause I would really hate to whack you like a piñata." He smiled.

"No worries Bella cover that already." I sighed as he laughed.

"Hailey stop eavesdropping and come inside." Her dad added. I chuckled.

The door opened up with Hailey giving us cheeky smile.

Hailey

"Just making sure he was in one piece."

"He's a good guy and in one piece." He told me before leaving.

"So, whatcha doing?" I asked all casual.

"How much did you hear?" He asked while giving me a look.

"Just the last two minutes about the whole whacking you as a piñata." I laughed.

He rolled his eyes. "Your dad is very intense and overprotective."

"Yep, and he's worst with Bella and Amara. Extremely protective."

"I understand him. I'm very protective of my sister, Dominique." He told me.

"You have a sister? How old is she?"

"She's 26 and has a five month old baby girl. I love my baby niece."

"Aww, nothing like being a mom. I remember when Bella was born, she wrapped her little hand around my finger." I smiled. "Look here's a picture of her as a baby."

I showed him a picture I have in my wallet.

"Adorable. Proud momma." He said as he looked at the picture.

"Yeah I am." I said as I squished his cheeks and then gave him a kiss.

"I'm crazy about you."

"I'm crazy about you, too."

I locked the door and we gave into our passion. I was careful to not hurt his knee. But this time felt different. It was as if he was, making love to me.