Chapter 17: New York

It's been a week since we returned. I went back to work. I buried myself in work, I didn't want to think of him. But even if I wanted to stop, I couldn't.

"Here are your results." The nurse gave me an envelope. I opened it and Indeed I was pregnant. I took a lot of test at home and they all came positive. But I wanted to be sure. So I came to the doctor.

"You're two weeks pregnant. Congratulations." She smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled as tears fell down. They were a mix of happy and sad tears.

I left the hospital and went home. I called Stella.

"Damn, have you tried contacting him?"

"I have, plenty of times. I found out where he works, but they told me they didn't know and that even if they did, they couldn't tell me." I sighed.

"Mommy, can we go swimming?" Kritika asked her mom.

"Of course you can."

"Amara, keep an eye on these two, please." She nodded and they all went to get change.

"I'm here for you, and the girls. And for you too, future baby." Stella gave me a side hug.

"Thanks for being amazing." I hugged her as tears fell down. Being pregnant is making me more emotional than I normally am.

A few hours later, Stella and Kritika left. The girls were in the living room watching cartoons.

"Hey you two, I have a big surprise." I said as I sat in front of them.

"What, mommy?"

"Guess who's going to be a big sister?

"You have a baby!" Bella squealed. I nodded. She gave me a big bear hug and then gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"What does the baby will be to me?" Amara asked a little sad.

"You can be whatever you want. A sister, an aunt. You decide." I said truthfully.

"So, can I be a bigger sister?"

"Yes, this baby will be lucky to have two amazing sisters." I smiled as they smiled more. They both hugged me.

"What about Archy?" Bella asked as she pulled away followed by Amara.

"Archy, is still away. But this baby will be so loved. "I love you both."

"We love you too." They grabbed my hands. How does one get so lucky to have amazing girls in her life?

..........

The next day, I told my family about my pregnancy, they were all so happy. Dad was angry at Archer for leaving me. I told him that I would be fine. If he ever sees Archer well, I wish Archy good luck.

"I'm home." I left the kitchen and saw dad with a cake in his hands.

"Grandpa." Amara and Bella said while hugging him.

"How are my beautiful princesses?" He smiled at them.

"I'm good, I'm going to be a big sister." She squealed as they walked to the kitchen.

"I've been busy reading." Amara giggled.

I went back to the kitchen and dad placed the cake on the table.

"Lunch is ready."

We all sat down and enjoyed a nice lunch with dad. Felt good to be home. I just hope with time, I can forget about Archer.

..........

Three months went by. I never got a hold of Archer. It was sent to voice mail. I went to his company, but nothing. He wasn't there, nor in the city. I gave up trying.

I was in the living room watching tv while rubbing my little belly. The girls came and Bella gave it a kiss.

"I will love you and protect you." Bella said while rubbing my belly.

"Me too, I will protect you and Bella cause she tends to get in trouble." Amara added which caused me to laugh.

"I do not." Bella said with crossed arms.

"Who got in trouble for flushing her barbies?" Amara asked her.

"They were in the pool." Bella huffed.

I laughed. These two keep me entertained and always cheer me up. I'm a lucky person.

"Mommy, when will Archy come. I miss him."

"I don't know. He's still busy."

"We hear you cry at night. You can tell us the truth." Amara told me.

"Because I love him and I miss him. And he's away." Tears fell down.

"Don't cry mommy. Archy will come. I know." Bella told me as she wiped my tears.

"I hope he comes back too." Amara added.

"Let's watch a movie. How about, Harry Potter." I suggested.

They nodded. I put on the movie and enjoyed the rest of the night watching. Although I fell asleep halfway.

I want for Archer to come back, so I can slap him and punch him really hard. And feed him to sharks.