Chapter 20: Engagement Dinner

The next day, I started to pace around the house. Archer was at work.

"Mommy, you're going to make a hole in the house." She giggled.

"Mommy is just a little nervous." I replied as I kept pacing.

"Everything will be okay." Amara assure me.

"Now give us cake." Bella grinned.

"So bossy." I chuckled.

..........

The night of the dinner arrived and we all entered his parents house.

"Breathe, Hailey." Archer told me. I nodded.

"Welcome." A woman and man greeted us with hugs.

"This is my mother Eleanor and father, Michael. Parents, this is, my beautiful fiancée, Hailey and her daughters, Bella and Amara."

I smiled at that and so did the girls.

"It's a pleasure meeting you all. And look how big you are!" She told me while touching my belly.

"It's going to a boy." Bella told her.

"Finally another boy. The family is filled with girls." His dad sighed making us laugh.

As we were about to head to the living room, Amara stopped me. I told them that I would join them in a bit.

"What is it, sweetie?"

"Just to say thank you. You become like mother to me." She hugged me.

"Well, you've become like my daughter. And I'll leave this out in the open. If you ever want to call me mom, that's okay. I would be thrilled. I know it's only been a year since they passed away, but-"

She gave me a big bear hug and cried. I know she misses her parents. And how much she miss saying mom and dad.

"Thank you, you're the best." She said as I wiped her tears.

"You're welcome." I grabbed her hand and we walked to the living room. We greeted my family, who were already there.

"Where's Tony?" Bella asked.

"Back in Mystic Lake." Papa answered her.

"But why?" She asked.

"Because he's too big and needs water." He replied.

"But why?" She kept questioning him. We laughed.

"If they get married in Mystic lake. We can invite, Tony." He told her.

"I like that, getting married in the town we met and had the best Summer ever." Archer mentioned.

"I think I would like that too. How does summer sound for a wedding?"

"Perfect." He smiled as I smiled too.

"Yayy!" We heard the girls squealed.

"A Summer wedding. I have to get in touch with the wedding planner now!!" His mom said before making a run.

"Don't ask, my mom gets excited with weddings." He sighed as I chuckled.

"Good luck, with her." His dad told me.

"Good luck indeed." We turned to see a woman. She appeared to be my age. She entered with a man and he was caring a baby, "I'm Dominique." She smiled while extending her hand.

"Hailey." I shook it.

"What are your intentions with my brother?"

"For him to get me pregnant and get access to all his money. And as you can see, he's already trapped." I grinned. Everyone laugh.

"I like you." She smiled at me and then look at Archer, "Brother, don't hurt her or I will shoot you."

"She's stuck with me forever." He smiled before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Aww." Bella and Amara said at the same time.

She introduced me to her husband and baby. After that, we all went to have dinner.

"So, how is this gonna work? I mean Archer has now two girls that don't belong to him." A woman said while entering the dining rom.

"Clarice!" Eleanor said.

"What, I'm just saying, why choose a girl who has a lot of package, and now he's trapped since she got knocked up with his baby." She said in a snarky tone.

My blood was boiling. Who does she think she is.

"That's not your problem, aunt Clarice!" Archer told her. He was angry.

"Listen here, she is a gold digger. Can't you see, I'm only trying to protect you. These little shit girls are only putting a show."

"I've had it with you!" I slammed my hands on the table. "You're talking about my girls and that's not okay. You can trash me all you want, but don't you dare insult my daughters."

"Daughters? But one of them is an orphan. She has no mother." She laughed.

Before we knew it, a big bowl of punch was poured on her hair. And then food landed on her face.

"I'm not an orphan!" Amara yelled as tears fell down. "My parents will always be with me. And now I have a mom, her name is Hailey."

"Don't call us shit, that's a bad word." Bella added.

We laughed at how the girls handled the situation. While they deal with that awful woman, I went outside with the girls and Archer.

"Girls, food fight is not the solution. But, it was fun to watch." Archer said which caused them to chuckled.

"Okay, don't encourage them." I gave him a look as the girls giggled. He shrugged.

"Don't take anything that woman said, to the heart, she's crazy. You both are amazing." I hugged them. "And I believe someone called me mom." I smiled at Amara.

"How about we all go to eat some fries with burgers." Archer suggested.

"And shakes." The girls added. We just chuckled.

We said bye to everyone and left their house. What a night. Our engagement dinner ended in us eating at a diner. And it was perfect, all I needed was these three people to make everything special.