6- Stitches

Celeste let me shower and gave me some new clothes to wear for tomorrow morning. She let me stay in her room and told me she'd come get me in the morning. I thanked her and said goodnight.

I fell back into my bed and let out a deep sigh. Tears started to roll down my cheeks and  I curled up into a ball. The thought of going back to Detra haunted me. I couldn't go back there, if I did...I would for sure be outlawed to the Chamber. I can't go back. If I can't stay here, I don't know what I'll do. Don't think like the Ev. She's gonna convince him to let you stay. I kept telling myself. Before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep.

"Time to get up sleepy head!" Celeste yelled in my ear.

"What time is it?" I rubbed my eyes.

"9 am...it's an early morning, but we have coffee."

"9 am!? That's so late."

"Uh...whatever you say Kane." Celeste laughed "put some clothes on, your gonna stick with me today!" I tossed on the clothes Celeste gave me. They were so comfortable, much different than what I wore in Detra. I've never felt material like it in my whole life! She gave me a silky a white tank top with slick black leggings and a brown leather jacket to go on top. I laced up my dark green combat boots and was ready to go.

"Oh you should also tie back your hair." Said Celeste.

Tie my hair back? Only the rich government officials did that in Detra.

"I...uh...don't know how to do that. In Detra we can't wear our hair like that."

"Oh! My bad" Celeste said, "come here, it's simple! Like tying a ribbon."

She combed back my wavy, dark hair and pulled it away from my hazel eyes, tying it back with a ribbon. I looked at my face in the mirror. Ive never seen myself like this before...I saw how sculpted my cheeks were, and my face felt lifted and lighter. I really liked it.

"Wow Evelyn, you have to be one of the prettiest people I've ever met!" Celeste looked at me as she brushed her fingers through my hair,

"Wow." I blushed as I stared at my face in the mirror. I didn't have a fancy dress or makeup, but I felt the most beautiful I've ever been. I looked in the mirror...and I saw myself. "I've never really saw myself as pretty before, even on my wedding day. Thank you Celeste."

She smiled at me and we made our way to the cafe for breakfast. We sat next to Cassian and Ileana. Celeste handed me a plate of breakfast with an egg scrambled on top a piece of toast, along with a long strip of fried, brown meat, they called bacon. I picked my fork at my plate...I've never seen food like this before.

"What's the matter? You must be hungry!" Asked Celeste.

"Ya I'm really hungry it's just...I've never seen food like this before."

"Hold up." Cassian paused and looked at me, " you've never had bacon?"

"Nope."

"girl, You need to try it right now!" Cassian waved his hand in my face. I looked down the crusty, dry brown slab of meat that stood in front of me. Celeste was right...I was very hungry. I shrugged, picked up the bacon and shoved it into my mouth. The moment it touched my tongue my eyes lit up. The salty flavors danced around my mouth, and I couldn't get enough of it. It was amazing.

"Oh my god." I stuffed my face with the bacon.

"Woah...slow down there tiger." Laughed Cassian.

"Sorry." I said with food stuffed in my mouth. " I've never tasted anything like this before!"

We all laughed and continued to eat our food. "Oh no," Ileana said. "Here comes the princess herself."