15- Smoke

DOMINIC'S POV

(4 years earlier)

She stood in the doorway, her arms folded over her chest as she gentalty leaned her hip against the frame. I had just come back from fighting off some Detra troopers that lurked near the area. They put up a tough fight, but we were able to draw them back.

For the past few days, little by little, more and more troopers trickled into the area. We were so hidden...I couldn't figure out how they knew where to look. As long as they did not find our homeland...we were safe. I just had to be sure they wouldn't  reach us.

My mind raced trying to figure out how the troopers were getting so close to us. All I wanted is to protect the Rogues...it's what Fred trained me to do. If I couldn't protect the Rogues...then I didn't deserve to be one. I had to find out how the troopers were getting into our lands, and fast. I rushed back to my room to draw up some battle plans.

The thought circled through my mind until I stormed around the corner of the room and saw her. She stood quietly in the doorway, as her signature look spurred across her face.She raised her defined chin as she trailed her eyes down my body, which was tarnished in blood and dirt. She looked down for a second, then glanced up...piercing her blue eyes into mine as she lifted her eyebrow and smirked.

God, don't this to me right now Ver.

I stood stiffly in front of her for a moment...making it clear that I wanted her out of my way. I moved closer but she still wouldn't budge.

"Verena..." I stood back, rubbing my hand on my forehead. "Not now."

"Where were you?" she hissed

"I was out fighting off the troopers...I told you that!"

"Ya but you didn't tell me you were leaving!"

"My heads all over the place right now Ver..." I ran my finger through my hair and down my spine, grabbing the back of my neck, and tilting my head back. "I thought I did tell you."

"Well you didn't" She rolled her eyes

"Look Verena...I really need to go." I glared at her as she stood crossing her arms. She unfolded her arms as a wicked smirk spread across her glossy lips. She walked towards me, straightening her back,carefully stepping one leg in front of the other as her curvy hips swung in sync with her strut. Her body was close to mine...I stiffened and felt a warm sensation tingling up my body as she placed her hands on my chest. 

"I wish you wouldn't worry about those Detra troopers so much." She peered down, trailing her finger in a circle around my chest,then glanced back up at my eyes, biting her lip.

"Verena I-" suddenly every thought rushed out of my head. My heart raced as she placed her hands on me. Her touch was like a magnet pulling me in. All I could think of was her.

She trailed her soft fingers up my neck, and onto my face, resting her palm on my cheek.

She looked down at my lips, noticing a tiny bit of blood that trickled out of a cut. I didn't even know it was there until I watched her gaze at it...soon all my tongue tasted was the blood. She brushed her fingers along my cheek, and made her way to my lip.

"You're bleeding." Her thumb gently brushed across my lip as she swiped away the blood on my mouth. Her gaze met mine as she moved closer towards me.

I looked at her lips...god I wanted to taste them so bad.

Snap out of it Dom.

I shook my head and I glanced back up at her eyes, her hands tracing down my face and neck, back onto my chest as she gripped my shirt, pulling me towards her. My heart felt like it was gonna race out of my chest...it killed me trying to resist her. I knew I had work to do...I had to focus. But with her my mind traveled to other places.