9- Fists out

"Remember Ev, study the rhythm of my swing. Shoulders up, fists out, watching my every move..." Celeste backed up and held out her fists, "now..." she paused and took a deep breath, "Try taking a swing at me."

Ok you can do this Ev.

I bounced my feet around the ring with my fists hovering in front of my body. I took a deep breath and quickly threw my right arm at Celeste. She raised her hand and blocked my swing with her wrists, dodging my punch. She hurled her fists towards me as I quickly ducked underneath her punch.

I got it!

Suddenly Celeste plunged her arms towards my body, and pounded me right in the stomach as I swung back and trampled onto the ground.

Don't got it.

Celeste extended her arm down towards me. I grasped her hand as she yanked me up off the ground. "Looks like fighting doesn't come as easily to you as shooting." She laughed.

Celeste and I finished up my training that day with some boxing. Let's just say I'm not the best boxer...Every punch Celeste tossed at me I just couldn't dodge, and every hit I threw Celeste blocked effortlessly.

"Ya" I rolled out my shoulders , trying to regain my balance "I'm pretty awful."

"You'll get better with practice don't worry...let's just hope you don't get picked to fight at the Rumble tonight!"

"Don't get picked? What do you mean?" I puzzled.

" ok..let me explain to you what a Rumble is." Celeste  smirked " A Rumble is this sort of sporting event we hold every so often. Are there any sports in Detra?"

"I think so...all the higher up officials would play Cricket sometimes, they called that a sport."

"Cricket? Psfff." She laughed "I wouldn't call that a sport, there's no action! Now what you're about to watch tonight...that is some real action." Celeste tucked her hair behind her ear and leaned towards me. "A Rumble is just the Rouges fancy word for a boxing match."

"What's a boxing match?" I raised my eyebrow

"Well, It's like what we just practiced today in the ring...expect no padding, and the opponent's keep fighting each-other until either all the rounds are over, or one person gets knocked out. A knockout is an automatic win."

"Wow..." I gasped with my eyes wide open, " So you toss two people and a ring, and they just...beat each other up?" That didn't seem very appealing to me, though in Detra, we wouldn't even think of doing something like that.

"Yea...it's awesome" An exciting grin spurred across Celestes face.

"Ive never heard of anything like that before!" I placed my hands over my mouth.

"Oh, It's a lot of fun!" Celeste beamed, "but only if you don't get picked to fight...if you get picked to fight...sheesh, good luck then."

"So...people get picked to fight?"

"Yup. One of our leaders draws out a name from a hat, and the person who's name is drawn, has to fight. The person who was chosen can either pick who they want to fight, or they randomly draw another name."

"Have you ever gotten picked?" I questioned

"Oh yea many times...but martial arts is my specialty, so getting in the ring excited me. I've hardly lost a match. Granted, I've had some really close fights, but It's been awhile since I've had a loss."

"That's amazing!" I beamed. It was easy for me to read Celeste. She was tough as a brick but had a heart of gold, and would easily put others before herself anytime...that's why she was so set on helping me..because she was so selfless. One other thing is she definitely does not like to lose, and she likes things done her way. For how sweet she is, Celeste is one person I definitely would not want to cross.