17-Flame

Evelyn

Dominic rolled his sharp blue eyes as Celeste excitingly pulled his arm, dragging him into the courtyard, me trailing quietly behind them.

The place was crowded with Rogues who seemed to be circling  around a person, though I could not make out what he looked like.

"There he is!" Celeste shouted, releasing Dominic from her grip and pointing her finger at the blur of a man who stood in the center of the circle.

I peeked over the heads of people that flooded around the man. He had to be important...it seemed like every Rouge in No Mans Land was here to greet him. But if he was so important, I couldn't help but ponder why he would leave...more importantly where did he go?

"We're just gonna have to wait Cel. There's too many people." Dominic reassured, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"there's no way in hell I'm waiting! I haven't seen him in months!" Celeste grabbed my hand, and I flinched in shock .

"Come on Ev, we can sneak our way through."

"oh...ok." My voice trembled nervously as Celeste tightened her grip.

I never liked crowds of people...it made me feel uneasy and I wasn't quite sure why. I guess the idea of hundreds of almost strangers surrounding me in a tight space never appealed to me. It seemed Rouges like to be in crowds though, so I'd have to get used to it. There weren't  nearly as many Rogues as they were Detra Citizens...but I still didn't like it.

"Are you coming Dom?" Celeste anxiously waited

"I'm not pushing through all those people. I can wait till the crowd clears." Dominic folded his brawny arms over his chest and looked coldly out into the distance of people. I guess he didn't like crowds either.

"Ugh!" Celeste groaned "He's such a buzzkill, don't you think Ev?"

I turned towards Dominic, trailing my eyes up his tall body, until they met his. As our gazes locked, I could feel the heat fluster in my cheeks. He peered down at me, lifting his eyebrow as if he were studying every part of my mind. Every time he looked at me I could tell a hundred thoughts raced through his head. I wondered what he was thinking....I wondered that a lot.

As Celeste began to drag me away, I tossed him a smirk, for in exchange, he gave me an eye roll with a slight grin that lifted up his defined cheekbones.

Celeste pulled me in her grip, eagerly leading through the sea of Rogues. She held her hand out in front of her, carelessly shoving away bodies that stood in her way as I shyly trailed behind her.

I always forgot the strength Celeste had. She effortlessly pushed people, who were twice her weight, out of our way. They looked at her, displeased, but she didn't care. All Celeste could do was smile, as she excitedly awaited to reunite with her brother.

"Celeste?" I shouted, over the crowd as we squeezed our way through the crowd

"ya?" She looked back at me

"Why was your brother gone?"

"Huh?" Celeste yelled, trying to hear my quiet voice through the rowdiness

I raised my voice, "Where was your bro-"

"-Oh!" Celeste interrupted,pointing her finger," There he is!"

We finally made it through the crowd. Celeste's eyes widened, her face lit up like a ray of sun.

"Kyler!"

He turned his head around, "Oh my god, Celeste!" His eyes flashed with excitement as Celeste bolted towards him, wrapping her arms around his body and hugging him tightly .