13 - Moonlight

"Evelyn, can you get the door?" Celeste yelled at me, tying up her combat boots, as a loud knock pounded behind us. I nodded clicking my heels over to the door and swung open the latch. It was Declan.

"Evelyn!" Declan's eyes lit up excitedly as he stood tall in the hallway. He stepped back, scanning his eyes up and down my body. He took a deep breath and rubbed the back of his neck. "Wow you look..." His eyes met mine, "You look amazing." I smiled as I felt my cheeks fill with color.

"Thanks." I smiled, "you look good too." He wore a plain white shirt, with a flannel buttoned open over it. The white under shirt tucked into a light pair of ripped jeans. One thing about Declan is he always looked so put together. His hair softly combed, and his shirt neatly tucked in his pants. So effortless, yet so well kept.

He gaze locked into mine as Lani trampled towards us, down the hallway waving her arms, "Declan! You didn't wait for me."

Declan kept his eyes on me, "ya uh huh."

"Declan did you hear me?"

Shaking his head, Declan unfocused his eyes and turned to Lani who stood crossing her arms. "What did you say Lani?"

"God, never mind." She laughed and shook her head, "Hey Evelyn!" she waved to me.

"Lani! How's your wound?" I asked, glancing at her stomach, which she covered up with a leather jacket.

"It could be better" She shrugged

"Are you sure you should come...I think you should rest." I said sincerely

"Hell no, I'm good...I could really use some alc to ease the pain though, so we should get going!"

"Right ahead of you Lani." Celeste peeked her head out the door and walked into the hall, Cassian behind her. "Lets go!"

We traveled through the path that lined the old teared up buildings to get where the party was. It was held in an apartment building they called, "The Spot".

The whole walk Cassian would not stop rambling about all the Rogues he thought were hot, Lani arguing his every claim.

"Dominic for sure!" Cassain blurted

"God no! He's an asshole." Lani sneered

"You're an asshole!"

"You know what!"

They snapped at each other the whole walk. I felt like my ears were going to explode each time they hissed at one another. Declan peered down at me, noticing the annoyed look on my face. He gently latched his fingers onto my wrist, and pulled me aside, as the group kept walking.

"What are you doing?" I asked

"Shh..." he whispered, holding his fingers to his lips. "I cant listen to them any longer...we're gonna take another route to get there."

"There's another route?"

"It's personally my favorite way to get there." He smirked

"Sounds good to me" I shrugged

He took my hand, and ran towards one of the old buildings, my body barley catching up with his feet. As we arrived at it, I stared at the tattered architecture... It towered over my head and was lit by only the moonlight. It was so beautiful yet so intimidating. It was dark, so I couldn't quite make out how tall it was...but I knew that it was very high.

"What are we doing here?" I looked up.

"Were gonna climb over it."

"climb! That? I can't do that!" I nervously backed up, and shook my head.