24- Armor

Dominic
8 years ago

The rubber gloves hugged tightly on his hand swung hard against cheek, jolting my head violently to the side. "You're a son of a bitch, you know that kid?"

"If I wasn't a son of a bitch..." I panted, "...I'd be easy."

I smirked, slowly turning my head to center, but the cold leather hit my jaw again, thrusting my neck back. It stung a bit, but a hot burn on my cheek felt like a cool breeze compared to pain I've endured. Four years I've been here, and four years I haven't let my mind slip away. And sure as hell I wasn't about to let a brainless trooper with an attitude depose my pride.

I didn't do much really. I only snuck back into the cafeteria to steal some spare bread for Celeste and I to eat in our cells.We got hungry sometimes, so I decided to try and fix that. I didn't think it would get me tied up to a chair with a trooper slapping his hand across my cheek. That bread tasted like shit anyways.

Damn. I titled my head back, rolling it slowly around my neck to try and ease some pain, my sharp jaw pointed up towards the trooper.

"The disrespect you have boy! I'm watching that mouth of yours!"

I turned my head back to center and flaunted in a sarcastic tone, "If you like my mouth so much why don't you kiss it? Get a taste of what it's like to have a brain."

Obviously I felt the third burning sensation coming before he even struck my face again. This time, I watched crimson trickle from my lips and down my chin.

"Awe he bleeds."

"I'm still human."

"No you're not."

What I would do to rip my hands from the wire I was tied in, and dig my fists through the trooper's armor. I wondered if he'd bleed too. If these mighty soldiers were more than an artificial toy of Detras arch. Would his blood stain red like mine?

I hoped not. I hoped that if there was one person in this room who was human...it was me.

"You're nothing but a fault in the system." The trooper said, "A mistake."

I leaned forward in my seat, my eyes as cold as ever, "I'd rather be a mistake then a slave."

The trooper hesitated. They were not programmed to respond to a mouth like mine, so I enjoyed taking away their tongues when they tried to speak.

"Tell me..how does it feel? Like a pet? A dog? A clap of a hand, you do as you're told. A snap of a finger, you come running to your master as if they are waving a giant treat in your face. You'll do what it takes to get a lick, but only thing is...they never give you the treat. They wave it there so you sit like fool, senseless to your own corruption." I leaned closer, eyeing the trooper up, "Like a dog."

"You're worse than a dog, 2175..." It was as if I could see the trooper's evil eyes glaring at me right through his mask, "...you're a rat. And you know what we do to rats?"

He grabbed my arm tightly, and unhinged my body from the strapped chair. He marched straight in front of him, and my eyes lit in horror. I was being dragged to the laboratory. I yanked my hand trying to break from his grip, but he only squeezed his fingers tighter.

I can't go back there. Not again.

"I'm done all my tests this week!" My heart plunged against my chest, quickening with each step closer we took to the evil face of the lab.

"Not anymore you're not."

"This isn't fair!" I panted, grabbing the trooper's wrist, trying to pry it off my forearm.