10- Heads up

"Evelyn Kane"

My name  echoed through the stadium as everyone sat in shock, turning their necks towards me. My heart plummeted to the bottom of my stomach as soon as I heard my name roll off his tongue. I froze, I felt as if I couldn't move a single limb on my body. I should have seen it coming...of course she wants to fight me.

"Ummm plot twist." Cassian whispered to Ileana, twirling his finger in a circle.

Celeste immediately shot straight up from her chair and marched down the aisle, and into the ring so she could converse with the announcer. I sat quietly as whispers filled the arena. I peered up, and noticed Dominic was gone from his seat. I was relieved that he was gone, I didn't feel like handling his agitating personality right now. Celeste was arguing with the announcer, she shouted, pointing her finger in his face as he stood there with his arms crossed. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying, but suddenly the announcer spoke.

"Alright Miss Kane." My heart raced nervously as everyone turned their eyes towards me. "Because you're new here...you don't have to fight if you don't want to." Celeste smiled as Valerie angrily looked at her.

I was so relieved. There was no way in hell I was going to fight. I would get absolutely destroyed. Valerie stormed to the center of the ring, violently ripped the microphone out of the announcers hands, and held it to her lips, "see!" she scolded. "This just proves that she doesn't have the strength to be one of us...she will never be one of us!" My eyes widened as I sat in my chair, clenching my fists. How dare she say that to me? I flinched as Declan placed his warm hand on his mine. "Don't listen to her ok." I nodded and took a deep breath.

Don't let her bother you Ev. I sat silently, ready to back out of the fight, until Valerie took the mic to her mouth again, "don't be a pussy Evelyn...fight me." She hissed, glaring her oval eyes towards me.

"ooooo" the crowd shouted as everyone turned towards me.
That was my breaking point. One thing I hate the most: when people talk to me like that. I violently stood from my chair and stomped down the aisles of the arena. Declan grabbed my arm trying to calm me down, but I pushed his hand off of me, boiling with anger, as the eyes of surrounding people trailed behind me.

I glared at Valerie as I marched towards the ring...I was so filled with rage that you could practically see the smoke shooting out of my ears. I was done with her bullshit...and I'm not a pussy. As I raged down the steps, my path was suddenly blocked by a tall figure that towered over me. "Can you please move out my way!" I demanded, still focusing my glare on Valerie.

"No." Replied a stern, husky voice. I glanced up, and stepped back in shock. "Dominic?" He stood stiffly crossing his arms, peering down at me. I stepped my foot to the left, trying to pave through him, and he stepped to the left blocking my way. I then scooted to my right and his broad body followed. "Can you please move!" I demanded.

"No." Dominic scowled

"Why?"

"Because you're not fighting her."

"What the hell?" I fumed. "Yes, I am fighting her."

" No you're not."

"Yes I am! now please...move out of my way!" I tried to step around him but he reached out his long fingers and grasped his hands around my tiny shoulders, pulling me back in front of his chest.

"She's gonna kill you...and I don't feel like digging your grave tonight." He scolded, releasing me from his grip, and folding his arms over his chest. I took a deep breath and clenched my fists, trying to control anger that fumed through my veins.