Birthday Surprise For Sid

There was puja the next day. Some functions were in Mumbai, as many of the friends and business associates won't be able to come to Udaipur. There was a puja and a party. Then they would fly to Udaipur. It was a busy morning. Reet was hyper as the flowers had not yet come. The vendor who was to deliver the flowers was not picking up the call. Sid came along.
Sid: Chachi kya hua hai?? Itna kyu pareshan ho??
Reet: Are vo phool abhi tak nhi aaye hai. Kab aayee ga??kab lagayega?? Muje bahot tension ho rahi hai.
Sid: Call kiya??
Reet: Call he to kar rahi hu. Utna he nhi raha hai.
Sid: Abhi time hai chachi. Tension mat lo. Mai dekh kar aata hu usse.
Sana: Mai aa rahi hu tere sath.
Sid turned around to see Sana standing behind him. She was wearing a black t-shirt and blue denim jeans, looking hot as hell. He looked away. His libido hitting him hard. They had not spoken to each other yesterday. He had been quite at the dinning table too. And not even glanced at her once. The encounter outside the boutique has shook him. If he doesn't control himself, he will be kissing her very soon. And he was scared of the consequences after that. He pretended as if he had not heard her and started walking. She ran behind him and stopped him by pulling his arm.
Sana: Siddharth tune suna nhi?? Mai tere sath aa rahi hu.
He turned and looked at her.
Sid: Mai na picnic pe nhi jaa raha. Phool wale ko dekhne jaa raha hu.
Sana: Fir bhi muje aana hai.
Sid: Sana please....
Sana: Maine kaha na muje aana hai, matlab aana hai.
Sid stood there trying to make some excuse, but he knew he will give in. He can never say no to her. It was not in his control. He always gives in to her demands and always will.
Sid: Thek hai chal. Tune kabhi sunni hai, jo ab sunegi??
He walked and she ran behind him. They drove in silence. Sana was looking at him, but he was resisting the urge to look back. They reached the vendor.
Sid: Kya hua hai bhaiya. Ghar phool kyu nhi pahuche abhi tak.
Vendor: Saab ladke phool leke nikle hai, par raste me kaadi kharaab ho gayi the. Abhi pahuchate he honge.
Sid: To aap call to uthate??
Vendor: Vo mai fone ghar bhul aaya hu.
Sid: Chale thek hai.
He went and sat in the car. Sana looked at him.
Sana: Tu mujse baat kyu nhi kar raha?? Dekh bhi nhi raha hai mere taraf.
Sid: Aise kuch nhi hai.
She pulled him by his sleeves
Sana: Dekh dekh abhi bhi nhi dekh raha.
He looked at her. She had made such a puppy face. His heart melted. He smiled.
Sid: Pagal hai tu.
He took her face in his hand and shook it.
Sid: Kya karu mai tera.
She giggled and it made his day.
Sana was sitting near Ruhi during the puja. She was feeling some sensation in her neck. She immediately knew he was looking at her from behind. She turned around and he raised his eyebrow. She felt her cheeks turn pink. She looked in the front, butterflies in her stomach. What is it about this man. She had decided to ignore him, before coming here, and today she has become the same Sana she was nine years ago. She knew she was playing with fire, but she wanted to be reckless. Just until the wedding. Then she will get back with her life, never to meet him again. Just until the wedding. Pleaded her heart to her brain and her heart won.
"Are you crazy, Siddharth?? This is too dangerous". His head screamed. "This was not good. You will regret this" He knew all of it. But what can he do?? He wanted to live these days. He knew he would be as good as dead once she leaves. Just for a few days. Please. He will give her whatever she asks from him, until she is here. Be with her, do as she says. Anything. He want to see that cheerful face of hers and that will make him the happiest. So it's final. No holding back from now on. Until the wedding. That's it. He ignored his brain and plans on doing what his heart says for a while.
The puja went well. Sana was sitting in the garden, as they were many guests in the hall. She had a laddu in her hand. Sid came searching for her and saw her sitting on the bench. He came and sat next to her.
Sid: Chupke laddu kha rahi hai moti?? Kitne khaaye ab tak??
Sana: Maa ne diya hua ek he laddu hai. Soocha thoda sukun se bait kar khaau to aa gaya sukun kharaab karne.
Sid: Accha to mai sukuun kharaab karta hu tera?? To chala jaata hu.
He got up from the bench and she pulled him down.
Sana: Bait jaa chup karke. Bada aaya chala jaata hu.
She started eating her laddu.
Sid: Abbe offer to kar??
Sana: Kyu?? Yeh mera hai. Agar chahiye to khud jaake le apna. Mai share nhi karti.
He started pulling her hand to his mouth.
Sana: Siddharth maar khaayega. Yeh mera hai.
He pulled her hand and her fingers touched his lips. She felt a shock through her body. Their eyes met. Her eyes then moved to his lips where her fingers were still resting and she felt her throat went dry. She so wanted him to kiss her fingers. She ached for it. But he turned her hand took a bite of the laddu, left her wrist, got up and left. She felt like a fool. She was angry on him. Why?? Why was she angry?? Because he didn't kiss your fingers??And why would he do that?? He has a girlfriend Sana. You are expecting too much from him. Stop it. You will end up hurting yourself. Again.
Sana came inside the house, saw Sid talking to one of his relative. Their eyes met. She looked at him angrily and left to the room. All were busy today. She didn't knew much of their relatives and friends so she preferred to not get in anybody's way. There was a knock on the door after a few minutes. She sat upright on the bed, thinking it to be some guest. Sid stood in the door way. He had one laddu in his hand. She sat at the edge of the bed, turning away from him. He came and sat next to her.
Sid: Laddu ke leye itna gussa?? Le kha.
Sana: Gussa laddu ke leye nhi tha.
Sid: Fir??
Sana: Kuch nhi aise he.
Sid: Aise he gussa sirf tu ho sakti hai.
Sana: Ha bewafuk jo hu.
She was looking down. Sid took her face in his hand saw tears in her eyes.
Sid: Ayee, kya hua baby?? Tu ro kyu rahi hai??
Sana: Kuch nhi.
Sid: Please yaar Sana Tu aise ro mat Muje accha nhi lagta.
He wiped her tears. He knew why she was crying. He could feel that intensity too. But she and he both were expecting the impossible. So it's better to not say anything about it. She went into his arms and he accept her openly. They hugged each other, for few minutes. Each not wanting to let the other go. Sid's mobile buzzed and that broke the momentum. She came out of his arms and looked away. He looked at the fone. It was Sheetal. He disconnected it.
Sid: Kya hua??
Sana : Kuch nhi.
Sid: Laddu khaa rahi hai ya mai kha lu??
Sana looked at him and they both laughed
Sana: De muje, mera to khud kha gaya.
Sid: Thoda he bacha tha moti. Le kha.
He fed her a bite and then took one himself.
The puja has been over. All were tired by evening. It was Sid's birthday day the next day. All the kids had wanted to go to lonavala for the celebration, but the elders had refused. There was too much to do. Sana came to know from Pari that Sheetal was going to surprise Sid with a cake at 12 midnight. They all decorated a room. Sid was ignorant about it. Adi and some close friends were also coming. Sana was really feeling out of place. Sheetal has issues with her and she didn't knew any of his other friends except Adi. She decided she will be there during the cutting of the cake and slip off to her room after that.
Sid was in his room. He knew it was his birthday tomorrow. The wishes will start pouring in after twelve, but it seems his family has forgotten about his birthday, as all were very tired after the puja and lunch after that. It was after six that the last guest has left the house. He didn't mind because, he didn't like celebrating birthdays. It was just before twelve, there was a knock on the door. Viju was standing in the doorway.
Viju: Bhai, baba ke tabiyat kharaab lag rahi hai.
Sid: Kya hua hai yaar??
He rushed with Viju. Viju took him to the guest room and to his surprise the room was decorated with ribbon and balloons. All the family members were waiting for him with a smile on their face. He realised they had not forgotten his birthday. Adi and his two other friends vikas and kushal were there too. And in the center of the room in front of the cake stood Sheetal, smiling at him. They all wished him a happy birthday together. He searched the room to find that one person, who had always been the happiest on his birthday in the past. In the far corner stood Sana, wearing a baby pink knee length floral frock. The frock revealed all the right curve at the right places. His heart started hammering as their eyes met across the room. She was so simple yet so beautiful.
Sheetal: Sid aao na cake kaat te hai.
Sid: Huh?? Haha sure.
Sheetal: Yeh sab arrangements maine tumhare leye kiye tha.
Sid: Thanks Sheetal.
He bend down and cut the cake. They all cheered him. Sheetal fed him the cake. Sana didn't move from that corner. All circled around him. Sid fed the cake to Maa, baba, chacha, chachi. They left. Sana sneaked out too. She was about to climb the stairs when she heard Sid behind.
Sid: Moti muje cake nhi khilayegi??
Sana stepped down and came closer to him, with a smile on her face. He had a piece of cake in his hand. She broke a small piece and fed him.
Sana: Happy birthday siddharth.
Sid too brought the cake to her lips and she took a bite.
Sid: Tu kaha jaa rahi hai??
Sana: Vo mai room me....
Sid: Kyu?? Tu wapas chal.
Sana: Siddharth mai kisi ko janti nhi hu vaha. Mai kya karungi. Tu jaa party enjoy kar.
Sid: Nahi tere bina mai nhi jaa raha. Mai hu na tu chal.
Sana: Dekh tere friends ne tere leye party rakhi hai. Aur fir tu ya Pari baar baar meri fikar karte rahenge. Aur mai yeh nhi chahti. Please muje force mat kar. Please
He stood looking at her
Sana: Kya dekh raha hai. Please jaa. Tuje meri kasam
Sid: Yeh galat hai.
Sana: Kuch galat nhi hai. Jaa abhi tu. Jaa please. Meri itni baat nhi maanega??
Sid: Accha nhi lag raha yeh muje baby.
Sana pushed him towards the room. He looked at her with helplessness in his eyes and walked away. Sana escaped to the room. She didn't wanted to be in his and Sheetal,'s way. As it is sheetal was totally ignoring her and she didn't want to put anyone, in any kind of situation. But she felt sad. She was alone. She didn't knew many people here. She had felt lonely during the puja too. And now too, she felt out of place. All the family members were too sweet and loving towards her, but she felt like an extra wheel.